Trying to start b18a1 in 4th gen hatch

Budget_Hatch

5+ Year Member
motor is turning we smell gas, ecu is flashing 1 long and 6 quick flashes , we also dont hear the fuel pump or anything but it does sound like its turning with no problems just wont fire. Any Ideas ????

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
well if your not hearing the pump then either it's bad, or your main fuel relay is bad.

2.0crx

5+ Year Member
I'm not sure if you looked up the codes for that ECU but 1 long and 6 short, thats fuel injector. So maybe clogged injectors or just plain bad injectors, or injector.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
check your spark. take a plug out and put it in the wire and ground it to sumthing and then try to start again and see if they spark. if they do then thats one good sign. then track down the fuel problem. but def check the spark first. once you know you got light then you can figure out what the deal is. try startin fluid. i know its bad for the motor but if it starts with that then you know its fuel relateed.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
check dizzy, and TIMING... look at the cam sprockets make sure they are set correctly... if they are off by a tooth or two, the car wont start.

richi3seg6

5+ Year Member
that code that you gave us is fuel injectors. now, with that, change the fuel injectors. but before you do that, check if you actually have spark like the guy who stated before me. if your not sure how to, just take out one of the spark plug wires. grab a spark plug thats just layin' around and plug it into the wire. after that, put the wire ontop of a bot on the head. then have someone start up the car. you should be able to see spark. if not, you got a to firgure out what could be wrong with the dizzy. once thats fixed and you still see spark but no start up, buy or find some used injectors that work. then hopefully, you should be fine. and yes, it could also be your timing thats off. but even with a bad timing, your car would still run but shitty. get at us and tell us whats the deal.

richie

Budget_Hatch

5+ Year Member
i cant spell excuse me !!!edit!!! well the intion coil was bad my buddy tested it with a volt meter and it was pull 1.6 the book says it sould only be .6 so resestanceit to high there for no spark but every thing esle is just fine and the new coil is on the way but when i pulled the motor from the wreked teggy a year ago it ran fine with no codes reved up and sounded great no smoke nothin! can coils go bad over time ill keep yall posted did ya see my pic of the wiring job my buddy and I did

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2239253 my bad

Budget_Hatch

5+ Year Member
Ok i got spark now fuel stop working my main reliay keeps clicking till i give it a soft blow then i have no fuel but this is my second main reilay. verthing is wiried right according to cc swap guied what am i doing worng is anyone close to me that can help for some cash thnx peps

Budget_Hatch

5+ Year Member
ok now i have a brand new relaiy and it has no spark now but everthing esle works but i have no spark what so ever i checked my fuel injectors they all had a resestance of 2.00 2.6 ohms though all of them and my ecu still flashes one long 6 short think i have a bad ecu ??????? Help pleaase any one live in nashville tn ill pay for some help