Turbo 97 civic dx coupe

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just like a high hp corvette if you ask me lol.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
What about high horse power diesel trucks not much of a point for them either then if we are talking about turns

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
everything has its purpose and a diesel need all that power for towing, 300hp to me is a lot since i have only ever driven a 200hp car before. also there are not many factory cars above 300hp unless your paying out the ass for something like a corvette, Cadillac or Porsche that kind of thing. the highest hp k series that i have seen is the turbo charged k23 from factory making 240hp, i would much rather a j32 making 260 N/A because im not a baller and dont have money to spend $5+ grand on a k series and $2+ grand on a turbo setup.

to me 300hp street car is plenty seeing as you can spend $6-7 grand on a turbo d series civic (including price of car) that is capable of more than 300hp or you can go out and spend $10,000+ on a srt4 making 260hp or 14,000+ on a wrx or evo

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
everything has its purpose and a diesel need all that power for towing, 300hp to me is a lot since i have only ever driven a 200hp car before. also there are not many factory cars above 300hp unless your paying out the ass for something like a corvette, Cadillac or Porsche that kind of thing. the highest hp k series that i have seen is the turbo charged k23 from factory making 240hp, i would much rather a j32 making 260 N/A because im not a baller and dont have money to spend $5+ grand on a k series and $2+ grand on a turbo setup.

to me 300hp street car is plenty seeing as you can spend $6-7 grand on a turbo d series civic (including price of car) that is capable of more than 300hp or you can go out and spend $10,000+ on a srt4 making 260hp or 14,000+ on a wrx or evo
the best would be a sti swap into a impreza rs

=)

death the kid

, how much boost can a stock 1.7 single cam engine handle?
There is no way to tell since boost is not a finite number... it's just atmospheric pressure which varies depending on housing and compressor size/ wheel design. this is why asking any questions involving boost without listing a turbo specifics are utterly pointless. there is no answer to that question.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP

except an srt isn't 10k and would s**t all over any d series of equal power

J series aren't a cheap swap either and really have nothing as far as aftermarket parts go. Anything you want to do to it will have to be custom made and that can add up quickly if you don't do it yourself.

It is like you said, just depends on how much money you want to spend really.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
except an srt isn't 10k and would s*** all over any d series of equal power

J series aren't a cheap swap either and really have nothing as far as aftermarket parts go. Anything you want to do to it will have to be custom made and that can add up quickly if you don't do it yourself.

It is like you said, just depends on how much money you want to spend really.
I would have to not agree on the srt of equal power would walk any d series. Srt4 are torque strong unlike most d series builds I have seen. I guarantee if you put a turbo d in a super lightweight car against a srt4 with equal hp the d could win. We are not talking big hp here though it's just power to weight ratios.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
I would have to not agree on the srt of equal power would walk any d series. Srt4 are torque strong unlike most d series builds I have seen. I guarantee if you put a turbo d in a super lightweight car against a srt4 with equal hp the d could win. We are not talking big hp here though it's just power to weight ratios.
Oh okay, well yeah if you put it in a go-kart gutted civic sure it should win from a roll maybe. You ever driven a turbo 4 banger that makes 320+ftlbs before 3500?