Turbo d16 motor build

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
As some of you may know I have a d16 turbo build ( checkout my build thread in my sig if you haven't ;) )

Anyways, I am thinking of building a new d16 to drop into my civic. I am building a track car ( circuit racing and such ). Anyways, I would just like some opinions on this build I was thinking up in my mind.

d16y7 head : I was thinking of going non-vtec as to not have to mess with vtec timing and boost
I was thinking of doing a completely stock head, for now at least....

Edelbrock or Skunk2 intake : Not sure of which one yet...Opinions?

Vitara pistons or Wiseco pistons : Not sure which yet, I know Wiseco will handle more power, but I don't think I need them for this build, as I probably don't need much more than 300whp

Stock crank ?

Eagle H beam rods

I have not looked into building the d16, but please give me some feedback so I can learn. Thanks!

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
Well you are going to get ALOT of negitive feedback because you are going to build a SOHC motor. But i think it is differant and good!... but anyways, I know the Edelbrock intake manifolds are pretty good... buta Y8 intake is the highest flowing stock intake manifold, as well as a Z6 one.. And for pistons i guess it all depends on power goals and your budget, If you have the money for the good parts, get them, and you wont regret it.. I know for a fact that 300 WHP is ALOT to put on a stock crank... people have done it, but I wouldnt... atleast beef up the bearing a little bit if you are!.. And the rods depend on the motor block... if its a Y7 they can take alot more boost than a Y8 ones.. the Y7 rods are like double as thick, and I have heard of 15psi or more sometimes on them.. as where Y8 ones are extremely thin and arn't known to handle boost well... some throw a rod at about 10 or less on a y8... But if you have the option, a fully forged motor is definatly the way to go... For reliability issues looking at sleving the cylenders.. a good set of Darton sleves would never hurt... As I said a SOHC build is somewhat of a unorthadox build.. as people say there is way more power to be made with a B-series.. and B-series will respond to bolt on modifications much better than a D-series will!... But if you want to go D, i am one person that will never rag on you for being differant!

Good Luck, and I hope this helped! =)

*P.S. A Hondata set up is a good option for boost becuase you can optimize traction and boost for each gear for optimum performance*

mike33

cool build, im boosting mine for the same reason. Those sleeves are alittle fishy though...what kind of sandwich plate are you using?

techavluis

Registered VIP
d series all the way!

with vtec... i say i like my y8 head. a little more power for nothing. let the tuner deal with tuning it.

stock head... just stay low redline

f**k Edelbrock. i have it on my car right now. would trade for skunk2 intake any day! and the Edelbrock is more. lol

Wiseco... 100% the best. thats what i have. but not cheap... for 300hp cp or even vitara

stock crank with 300.... thats ok. acl bearing is the way to go!

and good luck with all the why d series s**t. or if done right... all the damn! thats a fast ass b series and then u tell them its single cam and drive away as they are loss about how they loss to a d series or think you are lying... lol true story many times.