Turbo ready a D16Y7

slurburbler

Respected
I have a 1997 Civic Dx. Engine &trans have 120k. Wanted to know what I should do to make it turbo ready (10-15psi). It is bone stock. What will help the engine stay as cold as possible? New radiator & water pump? What are necessary upgrades to make it hit 250+hp? Ill get new rods and pistons, but do I need new cams and valves and valvesprings? And a new headgasket & what would be fuel system upgrades? 550cc injectors and a warlboro 200 psi fuel pump? Most of the engine looks dirty and filthy. I wanna know how to make sure nothings gonna f**k up at 15lbs of boost. What do I need to do & whats easy to do for a newbie? Im trying to beat my friend who has a stock k20 2008 si in a race on the highway. But safety and reliability are important and the first priority. I dont want my car to break down from high levels of heat & usage. . I have about 700 dollars to spend to make it "turbo ready" can someone make a list? Thanks everyone.

Sent from my LG-H950 using Tapatalk

Sleeper0

Well you would need a jumper from obd2 to obd1. Along with po6 ecu with a tune for it to be safe. I don't know if you will make 250 on a bone stock engine. Yes you will need a walbro fuel pump and upgraded injectors. Might even need a resistor box. I think bone stock y7 can make around 210 or so before they start makeing knock knock jokes so I Believe you will be fine with all that for stock engine. I would get a y8 intake manifold to help air flow. As to 10-15 psi being Safe I think it all comes down to the size of the turbo and I believe tune. Good luck with build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Why 10-15 psi? You can win with 1 psi or lose with 50psi, it's all in the tune and size of turbo. If you want to go above 11 psi you will need a larger 2-4bar map sensor. The k20 si only makes like 197hp so you should be OK with stock block, stock fuel pump, larger injectors,arp head studs. Walboro 190lph is cheap for peace of mind but I ran stock fuel pump at 222whp and hondata got 300hp out of an em1 stock fuel pump.