turbo & road race suggestions: 00 EK hatch

motomatt

Hay guys i just joined. Last year i got an 00 EK hatch. I have done all the suspension ex front brake swap. No i lossed the diff and its time for an engine trans swap. Want to roadrace it next year. Ive talked to people about turbos and wanted some advice. I have over 30 years with hotrods and this is my first important build. Thanks motomatt

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome: to ClubCivic

I think your first step would be to set a goal. Which type of "road racing"? Autocross, track, etc? What you want to do should determine your goals. Assuming by road race, you mean track ;), so really it depends on how much power you want, and your budget.

You can keep the same motor, build it and turbo it. Just keep in mind that motor really was deigned for fuel economy. For more oomph and more $, you can swap the motor and turbo that.

This is also assuming the car is manual -- if it's not I would not recommend any major modifications.

Look into B-series swap, K-series if you have a little more $ to play with. Expect a turbocharged Civic done right to cost you at least $3000, maybe $500 of that should go towards tuning. The tune is THE more important part of any turbo setup -- do not cheap out on it.

Take a look at THIS LINK HERE. -- I post this quite often here on the forums. I consider it to be a (slightly outdated) bible for boosting a Honda. Plenty of important information in there!

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Being that I have no idea what your previous title (NFG) was suppose to mean, I changed your title to be relevant & help draw useful attention.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Being that I have no idea what you previous title (NFG) was suppose to mean, I changed your title to be relevant & help draw useful attention.
No f**ks Given. Get with your useless acronyms! :lol: