I love the welds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes but you probably understand the significance.
Indeed. I assume you chose it to bring attention to the engine being that everything else is much more obvious. If so, then it makes perfect sense with the truck as a whole.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Indeed. I assume you chose it to bring attention to the engine being that everything else is much more obvious. If so, then it makes perfect sense with the truck as a whole.
In the 70's Mazda made a rotary pickup called the REPU. Google it and check the tailgate...

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ahhhh...

I like it...
Basically the motivation behind this build. Originally it was going to be what Mazda would have built for a REPU in the 90's but it went crazy.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Basically the motivation behind this build. Originally it was going to be what Mazda would have built for a REPU in the 90's but it went crazy.
Definitely, but at least once its complete you'll have one very unique ride.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:( i dont like the tailgate, you have spent years and thousands upon thousands, and that made it look super cheap . just my 2 cents tho

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:( i dont like the tailgate, you have spent years and thousands upon thousands, and that made it look super cheap . just my 2 cents tho
Im willing to bet 90% of people are going to hate the tailgate skin. I mulled it over in my head for years and finally said f**k it, it needs to be done and im super happy with the way it turned out. The saying on the tailgate means so much to the rotary enthusiast. Trying to bring it back to where it all began.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
do you man, it will prolly grow on me once you get it all painted and s**t.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dont think its fair to say it looks cheap until its finished, but the stamped lettering looks clean. I feel cheap would be had he used vinyl decals.
Im willing to bet 90% of people are going to hate the tailgate skin. I mulled it over in my head for years and finally said f**k it, it needs to be done and im super happy with the way it turned out. The saying on the tailgate means so much to the rotary enthusiast. Trying to bring it back to where it all began.
I dig it for the nostalgic derivitive. I'm looking forward to the finished product. Thatll speak for itself. Good or bad, it was worth doing it solely to get it out of your system. If you end up disliking the finished product, Im sure it'd be easy to change compared to the difficulty of the rest of the build.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I dobt think its fair to say it looks cheap until its finished, but the stamped lettering looks clean. I feel cheap would be had he used vinyl decals.

I dig it for the nostalgic derivitive. I'm looking forward to the finished product. Thatll speak for itself. Good or bad, it was worth doing it solely to get it out of your system. If you end up disliking the finished product, Im sure it'd be easy to change compared to the difficulty of the rest of the build.
cheap was a bad phrasing, it just looks out of place, but like i just said , it will probably grow on me once its all painted and done.

many have forgot i too had a mazda b truck, and have much love for these trucks and chris's build. and chrisy poo<3