Turbo Rotary Mazda Minitruck Build

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
For sure man. I have been on the site for years, obviously, but never terribly active. But that's been the case for most boards. I wasn't very active even on EM1Crew for several years. But recently I've been trying to be more active here.

Going back and reading some of these long standing threads is really great. While I missed out at the time, it's kind of nice to just binge and not have to wait for everything to happen...haha.

I've got so much love for this style of build. Love mini trucks and the scene, just not where I'm at in my life to be a part of it. I've tried to get into some show and track events to share both of my enjoyments, but as you well know, life doesn't allow much room at times.

In a perfect car life, I'd no doubt have one, and an old school low rider.

Your skills have greatly improved. But don't worry about paying for what you've got. It was a tough decision that I know you didn't come to lightly. Sometimes it's just the right decision. You've got a great group of people around you and clearly a very supportive family.

Keep it up! I'm loving it!

Last edited:

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Doors and fenders should be headed to the painter by now. Still waiting on the wiring to be finished.
:thumbs up Looking forward to seeing this paint job.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I hate that final stage crap...lol. I mean, I've never built to this level, but I've pulled everything apart and needed just as similar of final loose end crap before. So much suck at the end...

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I hate that final stage crap...lol. I mean, I've never built to this level, but I've pulled everything apart and needed just as similar of final loose end crap before. So much suck at the end...
Ive never done anything like this. Everything will be new. Its crazy to me. Even the s**t that is probably ok to be reused cant be for the smallest blemishes. Its unreal, but worth it in the end.

Talked to my painter tonight. PPG is cominv to personally view the truck tomorrow so hopefully that is a good thing.

I did finally pick up my first 100% sponsor and I'm really excited to have them on the team. Only bad thing is that they dont have a SEMA booth so still on the hunt there.

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ditto. I'm kinda lost at where you are in this build anyway.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sounds like its going for paint and he will get it running when it's all back.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I love and have always had a soft spot for these trucks, especially the cab+.
I'd love to find one, but would do nothing this elaborate.
Most i would do, throw a nice quality stereo in it, small sub, lower, nice wheels, tint and toneau cover.

After starting at post 1, I'm blown away. Reminds me of the old days when I was at shows and saw so many different vehicles and all of the custom work people took the time to put into things.
What qualifies now as 'custom' are Hondas' with ill fitting, hack job swapped front ends, rattle canned paint, sticker bombed bumpers, roof racks, and rust spots with band aids over it, pretty sad and shameful!

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What qualifies now as 'custom' are Hondas' with ill fitting, hack job swapped front ends, rattle canned paint, sticker bombed bumpers, roof racks, and rust spots with band aids over it, pretty sad and shameful!
Truth.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So I made the trek to Ft Collins Saturday afternoon. Took about 7 hours with the snowstorm and the ski traffic.

Got to my buddies and had dinner and went to bed.

Got up Easter Sunday and headed to the shop and started tearing the truck down.

It was a long ass day, but me and the guy that was doing the wiring helped me get it done in a day.

Yippie.

Gotta get that engine out now.

Loaded and ready to head home.

Got it home and here comes the f**king rain!

Headed to Cali this weekend to drop it off at the powdercoater. The body is at the painter. Gotta get the interior done and get my subs and s**t ordered.

Its getting real folks :thumbs up

Last edited: