1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

Turbo size for GSR.

Discussion in 'Forced Induction (All Gens)' started by AcousticAudio, Apr 4, 2008.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. AcousticAudio

AcousticAudio Built LSVTEC .63 a/r stg3 Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

I'm boosting a gsr motor later this year and I havent decided whats the best size yet. I'm hoping someone can help me out. I want a fast spool, to be starting to hit boost around 5000rpm or sooner, and i want to make in the neighborhood of 260-300whp. If you can find something in the turbonetics line up, that would be awesome. I'm open to T3 or T3/T4 suggestions.

Thanks,
    Scott

2. neoc03

neoc03 I CRAVE CORNERS Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

Hey acoustic looks like she is moving along. A Garrett GT28 would be a great choice. They support up to 350hp and have a quick spool.

3. AcousticAudio

AcousticAudio Built LSVTEC .63 a/r stg3 Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

Know anywhere to order them online?

4. umair

umair New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

or you can get a .50 or .48 trim t3/t4. its a lot cheaper.

5. Almighty-Si

Almighty-Si New Member 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

T3/T4 57trim .48ar, should spool up nice and quick and should be good for close to 400whp. Also half the cost of the GT28r.

6. toneekay

toneekay Rubbin on yo booty Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

get an 18g, supports upto 400whp. oh and what a coincidence, i just happen to have one for sale! (link under sig)