Turbos - Fuel Pump & Injectors

earlybill1

So what fuel injectors and fuel pump would be good for a Turbo setup on a d16y8 plus ecu management would that be hondata

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Jermee

Registered VIP
Google is a awesome search engine.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Moved to Forced Induction section ;)

OP, need to know your power goals first. For most you'll probably be fine with some DSM blue tops, a resistor box, and a Walbro 255lph fuel pump. IMHO I don't like the resister box, and it looks tacky. I have Injector Dynamics 720cc injectors and I love them. No resistor box, either :thumbs up

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Injector dynamics are amazing from what I hear and I have fuel injector clinic 525cc on my turbo d16y5 and they work great. Depending on your power goal a walboro 190lph or 255lph, hondata crome or ectune will all work just fine

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
In all seriousness, I ran RC 550cc injectors and a Walbro 255lph fuel pump in mine. A bit overkill, but I never had fuel issues haha.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i wonder if people actually really know the difference between peak/hold and saturated injectors. I always go with peak/hold even if i have to run the dumb resistor box because of the faster on time which means faster response..always good in a turbo car

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
honda used saturated from the factory so that is what i chose for my boosted hx and its perfectly fine with my 525cc setup, besides for the few milliseconds it saves whats it really going to affect besides the extra heat the peak and hold put out from what the internet tells me

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
walbro 255 / s300 / injectors of your choice dependin on hp goal.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
true most honda's do use saturated but there has to be a reason why the higher horsepower cars such as supra's and evo's use peak and hold injectors. Not bashing on saturated injectors, I just prefer it because it can be more accurate rather than how saturated injectors operate by the voltage telling it to spray, the ecu tells the peak/hold injectors when and how much

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
everytime i have turboed one of my cars i used 255 fuel pumps and eagle talon tsi injectors with a da resistor box....never had a problem with this setup

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^ common way, tried and true.

Just don't try the FMU hack crap, spend the money to get a tune.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
440cc injectors, or dsm injectors typically only support 300whp on most d series builds. I wouldnt skip out on the important things like fuel and tuning.