Twin Turbo H22

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
everybody get off his damn nuts jesus. first off its not his car, its his dads, so yelling and screaming at him will do nothing, stfu. i think this is very interesting and i want to see it done.

maybe his dad wants to just have fun with it for now and then build it later? or doesn't have the funds to build it now but will later, who knows, its his motor so he can do whatever he wants with it. plenty of people boost stock motors, i don't see you all screaming and yelling at them?

/rant

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
but they are half as thick so it makes up for the problem there
Forged pistons do wonders and are worth every penny

And it's a closed deck, making it more rigid, He isn't going to bore it, and they aren't going to flex.
Wouldn't you think that re-sleeving it would strengthen it up though? I know that the H series block is strong but it isn't a cast iron F series block. I forget but isn't FRM crap? I may be wrong and need to re-learn some things.

As to EGHseries, H22A and H22A1 are the same thing, and to the StCroix' I think this is pretty creative but putting pistons and rods in would make it WAY more reliable. Good luck on the build and keep us posted. You will find that people on this forum hate it when it isn't JDM.

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Wouldn't you think that re-sleeving it would strengthen it up though? I know that the H series block is strong but it isn't a cast iron F series block. I forget but isn't FRM crap? I may be wrong and need to re-learn some things.
The sleeving will strengthen it up some, but FRM isn't crap, that is why honda chose to put it into the S2000 block instead of cast iron. F series blocks aren't cast iron, they just have iron cylinder sleeves. FRM is good, but most people don't like it b/c you can't bore it much, and it has to be done specially when it is. You have to buy Mahle gold pistons when you buy them b/c they are the only ones that make a piston that has a special coating that won't harm the cylinder walls.

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
One hell of a project. I can only assume that one turbo is larger than the other which is why you've got one spooling the other.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Any new pics or wha...?

Rountreesj

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
pointless to bump w/o pics unless you just want even more people reading about you getting ragged on for not showing proof...

Like everyone else said, why put two turbos on if one is gonna be faster. You won't get any MORE respect for doing even a great fabrication job if it's no faster than a normal single turbo...

but I guess its all for the originality...

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
^^ Werd...like the black w/white rims tho

stupidguy10

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so much hate here! ha....i think its a pretty cool idea regardless of what everyone else thinks.....how often do you see a twin turbo civic? well i think its pretty cool that someone went out there and can now say...hey i have a twin turbo civic......lets see some more pics!!