1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

Tyre R B pipe fit my 98 civic hatch???

Discussion in 'Tech Archive (No Posting)' started by B18cbubble, Jun 29, 2008.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. B18cbubble

B18cbubble New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

will the B pipe...pipe between catalytic converter and muffler...fit my 98 civic hatch??
    And should that B pipe fix my raspy exhaust because of the resonators in the B pipe??

2. JohnS.

JohnS. BANGARANG Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

I don't see why not. Same body style. As long as the piping is the same.

3. NOFX

NOFX I'm NOT eran! Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

The cat is a different length than the US ones IIRC. It's the same path though.

4. B18cbubble

alright so... i need a full exhaust change. its raspy and want stock exhaust. I have a 1998 hatch with a JDM B18c. i have the ITR 4-1 header and ITR axle back. because i have mandrel bent B pipe, its causing it to sound raspy. i think if i get an oem b pipe with the resonators it should take care of the raspy-ness.

Here's my dilemma:
    - Because my muffler and header are both ITR, should i get the B pipe and cat for GSR or ITR??
    - is there much or any difference in the B pipe and cat for GSR vs. ITR?
    - How much longer will everything line up?
    - Will doing all this take car of the raspy sound?

Any other thoughts or suggestions would be cool!

5. 05

05 Show Me Them Titties Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

it would probably be cheaper to have an exhaust shop put it in 2.5" piping from your cat to your axle back with a resonator in it...

how much is this pipe you want?

6. B18cbubble

OEM honda $147. I already have the pipe on my car. i could buy a resonator and just throw that on, but it will be easier to buy it new.

7. B18cbubble

I know that the Type-R B-pipe is exactly 4.5" shorter than the GS-R B pipe......so what cat and B pipe do i go with to fit my 98 hatch??

8. NOFX

You trim the b-pipe. There's something like a $10,000 fine for selling a use catalytic converter which has not been reconditioned.

9. B18cbubble

according to team-integra.net, i know The 94-99 GSR b-piping is 4.5" longer than all other 3rd gen Integra b-piping.

The 94-99 GSR header is 2 inches shorter than all other 3rd gen headers and the cat is 2.5" shorter than all other 3rd gen cat. converters.

so for my civic do i get gsr or itr cat and b-piping??
    what are the lengths of a civic b pipe and cat compared to an integras gsr and itr??

10. NOFX

In the first post I read "Type R". I figured you meant a Civic Type R.

11. NoWayBack91Si

NoWayBack91Si New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

is a full ITR exhaust the same exact length from header to end of muffler as a 1998 civic hatch??