Tyre size?!

TheBanzaiBandit

Hi folks, just bought myself a new set of alloys, the size is 7 x 15 et25. What tyre size should I go with? I need them to be as low profile as possible as my civic is sitting really low. I was thinking 195/45/15 or 205/45/15?

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd go with the 205s for better traction unless your looking to get that stretched look

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats gonna be a rough ride
7 inch rims ftw!

TheBanzaiBandit

I was thinking 205's would be the better fit...I like the streched look but I think I'll try and be more sensible lol! Yeah it's a pretty raw ride right now with the suspension set up and the 195/45/16's I've got on it at the moment but they've gotta go...slight rubbing in the arches due to the stance hence the new 15's! What do you guys think about the et25?...should look good shouldn't it?!

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
For 7 inch rims I would think 205 would fit better but I don't think 195 would look stretched either.

2nd_gen

TURD-BO
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
stretch isnt really noticed until you go 185 and lower.

i recommend 205/50s but it all depends on how low you are and if you are still running fender liners

TheBanzaiBandit

It looks like the 195's are easier to get hold of for some reason...205's are few and far between here! I'd upload some pics for you but I'm posting from my phone and it won't let me upload from here. I'm thinking the 195's are going to be a better option for me. Yeah still got the fender liners.

2nd_gen

TURD-BO
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Can't be that low since u are still sunning fenderliners.

Just remember that a lower profile tire allows more road noise and comfort is decreased.
also..ur speedometer might be slightly off

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hi folks, just bought myself a new set of alloys, the size is 7 x 15 et25. What tyre size should I go with? I need them to be as low profile as possible as my civic is sitting really low. I was thinking 195/45/15 or 205/45/15?
How much are you lowered?

I'd go with the 205s for better traction unless your looking to get that stretched look
Wider doesn't necessarily mean more grip. Tire compound is the bigger factor. ie - A 195 summer tire will handle better than a 205 all-season.

TheBanzaiBandit

I've taken into account that the speedo will be slightly off and in regards to the road noise and comfort...it's a pretty harsh ride as it is and I can just about hear everything as I've completely stripped out everything behind the front seats so I'm not really fussed about that!

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
195/50 or 205/50 would be the best. A 45 aspect ratio with a 195 or 205 will look goofy IMO, not to mention hard to find I'd imagine.. Way too thin for a small wheel and no where near wide enough tire. If you're going purely for looks, pick your tire carefully. Some 195 tires are as wide or wider than some other 205 tires. I can tell you my 195/50R15 Toyo R1R's are quite beefy for a 195 tire.