Ty's 92 Civic Hatch turbo

tyman2395

Hey guys just picked up a civic hatch a few weeks ago , It's a 92 civic with a built d16z6. The body is in great shape ( hard to find around here in the maratimes ). For looks wise it's mainly all stock except for nuespeed lowering springs , Emblems are shaves off and so is the antenna. The motor is built with scat h beam rods , acl bearings , cp pistons , etc.. Since I got it I sanded and painted around the lip of the wheel wells as the paint was chipping and I didn't want that metal exposed. I also added integra seats , momo wheel and mugen shift knob. My plan for it is to get a set of og oldskools , carbon fiber duckbill , cluster with rpm tach, tint the windows , front lip and an aluminum rad with a slim fan to get it cooled down as the turbo and downpipe are so close to it .

Here's a few pictures of it :

IMG_0583 by tyman2395, on Flickr

IMG_0584 by tyman2395, on Flickr

IMG_0585 by tyman2395, on Flickr

IMG_0586 by tyman2395, on Flickr

IMG_0587 by tyman2395, on Flickr

IMG_0588 by tyman2395, on Flickr

IMG_0602 by tyman2395, on Flickr

IMG_0612 by tyman2395, on Flickr

IMG_0613 by tyman2395, on Flickr

IMG_0614 by tyman2395, on Flickr

IMG_0618 by tyman2395, on Flickr

IMG_0606 by tyman2395, on Flickr

Last edited:

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Pretty big snail in that bay. Now work on cleaning up all that surface rust and you'll be good to go.

Welcome BTW

tyman2395

It's a garrett m24 .60 trim . I got most of it all cleaned up now , car's going in for paint at the end of the summer . staying same color just gonna be fresh . And thanks for the welcome !

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Looks like an older T3/TO4E, hows the spool time on it?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that is not a Mugen shift knob. Im disappointed.

tyman2395

It spools up pretty good for being such a big turbo for a smaller motor , don't have an rpm gauge so It's hard to guess when its building boost but it's right around when the vtec kicks in . I shoulda stated that it's a cheap shift knob I got from a buddy that just has the mugen symbol and the writing , Probably ebay just better then the factory knob .

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that sounds better. Has this setup been tuned? Interested in the dyno sheet and/or output

tyman2395

spent 5 hours at the local tuner here in the maratimes , running 16 psi with 750cc injectors . Hp was around 260 ( give some or take some ). Nothing to crazy just a fun daily driver .

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would think, with a snail that large on that much boost.

Need to clean up that engine bay a little!

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Unless his compression is like 6:1 and his altitude is above the weather, that turbo is good for like 53lb min.

OP, in comparison a dsm B16g turbo that is capable of like 35-38lbs will put down 300whp on the same psi on a stock d16(with relative to stock compression).

Either your tuner sucks, something is wrong with the car, or you typed your number wrong lol.

tyman2395

Your right it was 360 aha late night typing fast never had me looking . The car works unreal , Everyone always thinks it's a turbo'd b-series and are shocked when I pop the hood . I got the engine bay alot cleaner now then when I first got it , Going to do a wire tuck to the driver side when I get some time. Any other tips for it ? I'm also having the side moldings shaved when the car goes into paint .

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Wow, looks like a solid setup! I bet that's crazy fun to drive.

What are your plans for it? Keeping it as weekend car, DD, or some sort of racing? If those springs are on the stock struts, it might be a good idea to get a new suspension setup in the near future. AFAIK stock struts don't play nicely with non-OE springs.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Personally, I think the car is fine the way it is. If it was my car, I'd make sure it had the suspension mods to keep the power on the road (no suspension parts mentioned, so assuming it's mostly stock), decent stopping power, I'm not a huge fan of the steering wheel, flip switch, or shift knob, but it's not like a make or break for the car, just nit-picking. Aside from that, it looks stock from the outside with the exception of your FMIC, I like it.

tyman2395

Thanks guys ! It's my daily driver ( got another project for a weekend driver lol ) . It is stock struts , the ride is smooth but I'm gonna get a set of either kyb or tokico struts. The flip switch is gone aha had to get rid of it and put an aem wideband gauge in it's spot to monitor the air/fuel. I put the wheel in because I like the feel of a smaller wheel since it still has the power steering .

tyman2395

Well a little update , Got my koyo rad and slim fan on order . Also have a spoon front lip coming in the mail to put on it . Added some stickers to up my horsepower +25 per sticker aha .