underbody plastic piece

adadani

5+ Year Member
Hey guys, I have an 01 Civic and since we have a lot of pot holes and our winter this year was probably the worst ever. I somehow ended up with a broken piece of plastic below the front bumper of the car. Since the front of the car is already pretty low, it drags on the road and makes a scraping sound when I drive, which is really annoying. Does anyone know if this is something that can be covered under insurance? Or do I have to pay to get it fixed? Do I have to replace the entire underbody of the car? Thanks in advance.

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
If it's your splash guard you can take it off manually, not hard at all. Its a few of those push button things that you can pry out with a flathead. It's not biggy driving without one.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yea, sort of hard to tell without pictures.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
We took mine off when we did my header, no big deal to drive without one. Header might get a little dirty but who cares.

adadani

5+ Year Member
uploading pics soon

I'm gonna upload a picture so you guys can see what I'm talking about. I know what you guys are talking about and that's not it. The splash guard came off a long time ago.