Unknown Head Swap: Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

daltonshirley68

No i have not pulled the codes havent had time or the money and it ran fine today.i mean beside it being slow like always lol

Sent from my SM-G530R4 using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Fix the previous issues we've repeatedly advise to take care of and perform what you've already been suggested to do, such as pulling codes for free. If you still have issues afterwards, then let us know after letting us know what was completed.

Otherwise, there really is no point to respond here because you seem to only pick & choose part of what we suggest.

Last edited:

daltonshirley68

So i pulled the codes and got something to do with the vtec which i am confused becasue i thought i had it hooked up i was told there was only one wire that need to go to the soleniod

daltonshirley68

Okay i fixed the problem it was a vacum leak and now i just got to figuer out why the vtec not working i think the solonid is bad becasue i got the wires hokked up but its still sending the code and its not kicking in

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The code wont go away once its there. You need to clear it, in your case by disconnecting the battery to reset the ECU as previously mentioned.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well i did un hook tge battery and for about 30 seconds and it was still there

Thats not the right way to do it. Search for it or look back in the thread as I'm pretty sure I already explained how.

daltonshirley68

I dont think i got the vetc hooked up right becasue i just rwalized there was two blue and orqnge wire under the hood

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Okay i fixed the problem it was a vacum leak and now i just got to figure out why the vtec not working i think the solenoid is bad because i got the wires hooked up but its still sending the code and its not kicking in

Here is the diagram to test the circuit and the solenoid.

upload_2015-12-21_17-3-33.png upload_2015-12-21_17-3-44.png upload_2015-12-21_17-3-56.png upload_2015-12-21_17-4-11.png

daltonshirley68

Okay i found out that there is two orange and blue wires under the hood which one is for the oil pressure switch

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Google "95 civic oil pressure switch", click on the images tab, and look for the answer.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Correction: 1992 Civic. Either way its the same generation of Civic and likely the same part. Google both then and find out. Its called "research".

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How would you plan to remove the current engine then install the '94 engine? Will he do it for you as an inclusion in the swap deal?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
And there we have proof of the importance of using punctuations and writing clearly.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If the '94 Civic is in good condition and runs well, you should definitely trade for it. I must question why someone would be willing to trade a 2-year-newer Civic with great low mileage for a poor running older Civic. I can only assume he is a fan of the engine and knows he can easily fix its issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.