Unknown Head Swap: Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

daltonshirley68

I might deicide to keep my hatch but i want to know how to get the power back into it.it has new plugs new wires all the problme that i said were going on been fix idk what else could be holding it back

Sent from my SM-G530R4 using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have a professional fuel system cleaning performed.

daltonshirley68

What will that do and i do have a small fuel leak that i think is in the over fill hose could that affect the performance.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How many times will you say you have the car running great then within a few posts admit you have yet another problem that wasn't previously stated? You have proven that you do NOT possess even basic automotive knowledge and need to do a much better job and providing all possible information. Its impossible to give immediately helpful advice when you're constantly holding back information along with putting forth mediocre effort and researching little to none. You clearly lack the ability to identify whats relatable to an issue, so I implore you to take some time and do so before continuing to ask for further assistance.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A fuel system cleaning service encompasses bypassing the fuel tank and feeding the fuel rail with a heavily concentrated commercial grade fuel system cleaner to blast out all the deposits in everything but your fuel lines and gas tank. It usually makes a very noticeable immediate improvement. Before doing so, add a premium quality fuel system additive in your gas tank (Techron, SeaFoam, etc) and run it through. That'll reduce any chances of fuel line deposits from getting into those soon-to-be very clean components like the fuel injectors.

If you want to know more, research it or ask a mechanic. At this point, going to a mechanic should be your primary option anyways since you can now afford it. Perhaps once you pay several times after choosing not to state issues at one time will get you to change that bad habit.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Then research differently and improve how you do so because all the info you've requested is available online. Change your keywords or at least ask how others how to find the info you struggle with. That shows an effort to learn, which has been greatly lacking throughout this thread. This is an 8 page (& counting) thread that I'm confident it has no more than 3 pages of needed dialogue.

You also need to try to be more open to the advice you're given and provide better feedback. You ask, we answer, and you only seemingly listen to maybe half of whats suggested. That's not exactly encouraging others to respond if in the end they feel you're wasting their time. Hell, if I wasnt a moderator I would've given up answering a while ago out of sheer frustration, but you're not a jerk so that's saved you. Just keep trying.

daltonshirley68

Sorry guys i try i just dont get the right research or something a impoper engine swap car was not something i need right now

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Searching is as easy as trying again and again until you find your answer. Giving up early is a lack of effort. Also, your decisions lead you to buying a car with a swapped motor, so if you "didnt need it right now" then you shouldnt have bought it. Its very easy to identify such a thing and you couldve easily researched it before agreeing to buy it.

Make informed decisions or live with the consequences. If youre still worried then trade the '92 for the low mileage '94 AFTER YOU GIVE IT A GOOD LOOKOVER so your future troubleshooting is easier for your skillset.

daltonshirley68

I didnt know the guy swapped the engine till after i bought it.and the guy wont trade me becasue i told him about it barley getting up a hill and he said he dont need a problem car right now so i might either keep it or take it to the scarp yard

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Itd be foolish to scrap a running car because you refuse to take to a mechanic now that you can afford it. Just take it already.

daltonshirley68

There is know mechanic that knows about those cars around here or will work on it or i would

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Whats your zip code?

dancam

Registered VIP
Whats your zip code?
Lol, c'mon man, just give up already! =) people like this just need to finance a new car for $50/week and get hosed by the dealer every 6 months on oil changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol, c'mon man, just give up already! =) people like this just need to finance a new car for $50/week and get hosed by the dealer every 6 months on oil changes.
Well, it seems he wasnt kidding about lack of mechanics in his area. I looked into it and he really does have very few options in that area. I actually came across an article about how limited it is to find a good mechanic in his area. Its still possible theres at least one Honda nut private mechanic somewhere reasonably nearby because they are everywhere.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dalton, this thread has danced around far too long with limited progress, so I think it time you make some serious decisions.

Do as I suggested a while back and start calling every autoparts store, local mechanic, and even local car dealers that sell 1990s Hondas asking if they know someone. Otherwise, thats one expensive lawn ornament.

If that goes nowhere then look into japanese mechanics in neighboring cities, prepare for a rental for a week, and take your car to a reputable distant mechanic you find. Its clear that selling this car as-is will be difficult for you, so either sell it for a loss or fix it to sell a well running car if you do the math and it makes more sense. An eBay listing may be your best bet. You may choose to keep it afterwards but I dont think thats your best option.

This thread has proven heavily that learning this engine and working on it yourself when needed is just not in you, which is fine. Not many people are cut out for it, so accept it and dont beat yourself up about it. Consider it a valuable learning lesson and move on.

Being that you live in an area with limited experienced mechanics, I feel you need to own a mostly stock car that your local mechanics can handle. Start saving with this new job, & research for a car that suits your needs.

daltonshirley68

I am having trouble with my 92 honda civic hatchback jdm d15b vtec.just started about a week ago.it started with when I would push on the gas to like get on it.it would like cut out.and then the other I was driving it.it was doing the same thing but this time it died at a stop sign.and then I got it started again and it got me to work and I worked then came out and it started right up but was still cutting out.and then Thursday it was doing the same thing and then it shut off again and wouldn't start then I let it sit for a bit and it started.then yesterday we was working on it I started it and let it idle and it did fine a bit then after it sat for a bit it started to back fire and then it died.so today I replaced the fuel filter.and that didn't change anything it's still cutting out

I think it's a bad fuel pump or gas tank

Last edited by a moderator:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I changed your title to reflect your issue as you described it and moved the previous title of "92 honda civic hatchback jdm d15b vtec" into your description where it makes sense to state it.

daltonshirley68

Okay thank u.i just need to know if the two things I said could casue this problem or if it something else

Status
Not open for further replies.