Update: 16x7, lowered 1.5"

NeedsMoreLow

I had some old school buddy clubs back in the day that were 17x7 and a 205/45/17 tire and never had a rubbing issue even when I dropped the car on supertechs 2-2.5" all the way around. That was back in 2003 I think.
Pics or it didn't happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pics or it didn't happen.
Agreed. My Civic came with 17x7 at stock height and rubbed. there's no way 17x7s fit on a 6th gen Civic at ~2" drop and dont rub without some modding of the wheel wells and fender rolling at least.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
45 is pretty big tires for 17s on civics. lot of times people that rocked 17s on their civics had to run 30 profile tires or 35 to not rub at all even on stock heights and tire bigger then that you have nearly 99% chance of rubbing

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Ill see if I can dig up pictures from 10 years ago LOL

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Rubbing issues? Just roll/pull your rear quarter panels. There are plenty of tutorials on youtube/google on how to do this. I doubt you are rubbing the inner metal wheel well in the rear, since I've only come across this problem because I've dropped my car too low (165/45s on a x7 apparently is not stretched enough to fit, so my next set up is 165/45 on a x8.5). I pulled the crap out of my quarter panels until I realized I was rubbing the inner fender well :oops:lolololololol.
Oh also lower profile tires would definetely help. 55 side wall is big on any tires size really, I'd go wit something like 195/40 or 195/45. But for $120 you couldn't have found a better deal.