Upgrade from stock stereo

PiKAniu

5+ Year Member
So here is the deal, I have the alpline w205 2 din headunit that I will be putting in my new 08 SI at some point. But I was smart and didnt get the nav unit, due to money mainly and that it sucks, so it has the stock system. I know I could probably get a brand new trim piece that will just replace the stock part of the dash, but should I get all the brackets in there too, or just have my audio guy put that part in?

what do you all think?

or should I just have im add in some other plastic part to cover up where the stock system would have been.

thx all
Matt

cujo613

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you want it to look ugly, by all means, the 205 is a great piece of equipment

downfall, it looks horrible. Has to be the ugliest double din on the planet. The deck itself stick way to far oout in most cars losing the flush look

Use a kit, and get ready for it to stick out

v-tecvillan428

5+ Year Member
If you want it to look ugly, by all means, the 205 is a great piece of equipment

downfall, it looks horrible. Has to be the ugliest double din on the planet. The deck itself stick way to far oout in most cars losing the flush look

Use a kit, and get ready for it to stick out
so fiberglass your own dash piece and ISO mount the screen in there flush...... dude the 205 is a good unit, i sell them at my shop, if you want to get nav. back get a blackbird to dock inside of the 205. if you dont have enough experience with audio get your guy to do it. but it can be done........2 months ago every shop in our state was saying that you couldnt put a double-din screen in place of the factory radio in a 2003 accord, and we did it, we moved the heater controls into the center console....

cujo613

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hahaha

ya

I think I have enough experience with audio

I agree it is a good unit

but it looks hideous in most cars you put it in.

Fiberglassing a kit would just be adding a bubble to the kit to accomodate the extra 1/2 to 3/4 ince the face stick out

so the kit itself would look funny

as fabrication goes, yes anything can be done. for the most part.