User - dpacro1 SCAMMER!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1aaron

Bought a set of recaro seats of this guy a long time ago and I have not recieved them after chasing and chasing. (paypal are also chasing him). He is avoiding all my emails and calls and has been for some time now. Out of pocket $1600 :( I have all his details, but it's an international purchase so it makes things difficult.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Internet scamming 101: When is it OK to send money over seas to someone on a forum who just joined and has a total of zero registered posts except for those in the sale section?

Answer: OMFG NEVER!!

Sorry about your loss man. I don't care who you are, $1600 is a TON of cash to lose. Sadly though, this could have been easily avoided. I see in his wheels for sale thread he lists his phone number. Is that the same number you're trying to reach him on? You probably waited too long to request your money back from paypal huh? Unfortunately he has listed that he lives in Canada so there aren't many people on the boards who could even begin to help you out. It's a tough lesson to learn. Again, sorry man.

Also, as a seller, I would even be cautious of selling to you. You JUST joined so if you bought anything from him months ago, that means you weren't even a member here. If I was a legit seller I wouldn't even sell to you for fear you'd do the classic paypal scam thing that goes around craiglist like fly's on stank. This situation has crazy written all over it....

cvcrcr99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh s**t. Good luck with getting the seats or your money back.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Can someone link to the user name. I can't search on my phone. We did away with zero post sellers for this exact reason.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm sorry :( this is why I HATE doing online private sales. I only did it once and it was on NWP.

OGstackadolla

TEAM LIGHTSPEED RACING
Registered VIP
I've bought a lot of stuff online, but most the time it's from established members. I have purchased a few items from newer members and just got lucky. I always get tracking numbers

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
I've bought one thing from someone on these boards. I don't have paypal so I sent the guy a money order. No risk for him, but it was $60 (or what ever it was) worth of risk on my end. You have to consider that when you pay someone online, are you in good position that if you never see that money/item ever again, will you feel the pain. < $100... Eh.. Not a big deal. That's risk i'm willing to take. $1600! OH HELL NO!

In the end, you can never be too sure. Post count doesn't always mean anything but it certainly helps. In fact I offered to sell a guy my P2T ECU here on these boards but told him I don't have paypal so he'd have to send me a money order. It was too much risk for him even though I post here nearly every day. And I don't blame him one bit. It was the safe thing to do in his eyes.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think he bought them on another forum and just saw he was a user on here too. If you Google the username dpacro1 and Recaro there are lots of posts on lots of forums.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Feedback can be fabricated unfortunately. Especially for "professional" scammers.

1aaron

Yeah i know it was wreckless on my behalf to trust someone...especially with an international purchase. I don't really see how i could have protected myself any further though, apart from not missing the paypal cut off for making a claim. Thats the thing with paypal international purchases are always going to be a risk as 45 days is f**k all amount of time really. They are useless in many ways. I could see he had a fair amount of positive feedback so i thought it wouldn't be an issue as alot of people have vouched for this guy being trust worthy. The sale was through clubep3 forum but i am just posting in the forums in which he is active, so hopefully someone knows him or it may force him to speak up.

This was the for sale ad:
http://forums.clubep3.com/showthread.php?t=830089

The reason i am a newby to these honda forums is because i am not a member of the honda community, i just wanted this particular part for my project car. I see on clubrsx he has been involved with buyer/seller disputes before regarding late delivery of items and also poor communication, however that was for a couple of weeks (not months such as in my case). I have also made a thread there which is pending at the moment.
AlaskaB16 the number i have is 514-712-7990
lethal6 would you be able to ban this guy from the forum or even send him an email telling him he is banned (anything to get him to speak up would be appreciated!)
Apparently this guy sells on ebay as well but i cant find his account on there...

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
His Facebook business page
- https://www.facebook.com/pages/JDM-Dpacro/298303140186006?sk=info

Email
- Dpacro@gmail.com

Sent a PM to a recent buyer on CRSX in New York asking for any and all contact info and/or addresses this guy provided during their transaction as it went smooth so I figure there's a good method of contact somewhere in there.

I'm a regular over there, so I'll keep you updated.
You keep us updated.

Best of luck. :thumbup:

1aaron

Many thanks 96 DX Hatch! Please do keep me updatedwith how you go i have made a number of PM's on various forums as well. Hopefully we can flush this guy out.
I have messaged him on facebook just now.
I have his details: name, address, phone, DOB but im not sure if i should post them on here or if i will get banned etc for doing so.

The other email he uses is p1mmiz321@live.com

Aaron

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don't think you'd get banned, but I'd hold off on doing any of that as he's in Canada supposedly and the majority of this site is in the US so we can't really just swarm the addresses :lol:

Although I think it'd be funnier than hell and preferred

1aaron

If i wasn't half a world away i would be rocking up on his doorstep don't worry.
If he doesn't speak up soon i will put up all the info i have.
Cheers

1aaron

He just blocked me from posting on his fb page after i wrote on the wall "Where are my seats?1!?!!" and deleted the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.