1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

valve cover torque/torque sequence for '94 civic 1.5L?

Discussion in '5th Generation Honda Civic (1992-1995)' started by H-man, Feb 20, 2012.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. H-man

H-man New Member

I want to replace the valve cover gasket and spark plug tube seals on my '94 civic dx 1.5L. Does anyone here by chance have the service manual page for that? It sounds like a fairly simple job, but I'd like to make sure I'm using the right torque and torque sequence when I put the cover back on. I'd really appreciate any advice on this job.

2. RonJ

RonJ Banned

I couldn't find a prescribed sequence. Just stepwise torque them to 7-lb-ft.

3. MistahJuice

MistahJuice 100% real juice Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

Yeah I dont think it matters that much, I take mine off all the time and you dont even have to use a torque wrench, just snug em up good and go from the inside out if you want to do some sort of sequence.

4. Jose1027

Jose1027 New Member Registered VIP

^^ this

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk