Very odd Idle

B_NeVeR_B

Hello, fellow civic owners i would like to see if anyone has ever dealt with an idle that sort of shakes the engine and car the shake continues until i get over 2500 rpm or reach speeds of 15 mph or greater please note that its definitely not these problems engine mounts, fuel injectors, spark plugs & wires, fuel pump or fuel filter looking through some forums on this website i seen somebody mention something about valve timing , or maybe some type of valve maintenance im not exactly sure what i read but i haven't been able to find the post again but if anybody can please shed some light on my dilemma it would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hello, fellow civic owners i would like to see if anyone has ever dealt with an idle that sort of shakes the engine and car the shake continues until i get over 2500 rpm or reach speeds of 15 mph or greater please note that its definitely not these problems engine mounts, fuel injectors, spark plugs & wires, fuel pump or fuel filter looking through some forums on this website i seen somebody mention something about valve timing , or maybe some type of valve maintenance im not exactly sure what i read but i haven't been able to find the post again but if anybody can please shed some light on my dilemma it would be greatly appreciated
Welcome to the club.

That was a mighty long sentence...

First, what year Ford Explorer do you drive, and is it manual or auto, how many miles, what work is done to the car, and what did you do specifically to rule out the probably causes?

Help us help you.

Last edited by a moderator:

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thread Makers: Thread titles must summarize the technical question or problem, and the first post must include the year, trim, and any mods for your Civic.
There is a reason this is plastered all over the top of the forum. Please utilize this for EVERY tech thread you make. With out knowing what you are working on, no one can begin to efficiently help you.