Vinnie_Cap's EJ8 build

vinniecap

Hello all,

Just picked up a bone stock 2000 Civic EX Coupe. I wanted to share a few pics and also see what mods you guys/gals think should be done.

I think I am going to start with a mild drop (Koni Yellow/GC) and either 15 or 16 inch wheels/tires.

Tint will also be added, as will a new head unit for some tunes (original CD player is there, but locked).

Interior wise I am leaning to a Skunk 2 weighted shift knob and a new shift boot. Also, perhaps some LED license plate bulbs and HID/LED headlight bulbs.

Thoughts?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looks good!

I like all the ideas you have in mind, too. I say go for it!

While you're at it, replace the interior lights with LEDs too. Makes a world of difference.

vinniecap

Looks good!

I like all the ideas you have in mind, too. I say go for it!

While you're at it, replace the interior lights with LEDs too. Makes a world of difference.
For sure with the interior LED's. That's simple and quick!

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
clean base man, I'd do all the same mods you've listed.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think I am going to start with a mild drop (Koni Yellow/GC) and either 15 or 16 inch wheels/tires.

Tint will also be added, as will a new head unit for some tunes (original CD player is there, but locked).
... perhaps some LED license plate bulbs and HID/LED headlight bulbs.
A bone stock manual EX is a great base to work with. Congrats on the find.

Koni Yellows w/ Ground Controls are a great option. 16" wheels are as big as you should go, preferably with a 45 profile.

LED bulbs: go with SMD bulbs over the typical LED diodes to ensure a bright white color.

Headlights: if you choose HID then you better do a projector retrofit kit or the light wont disperse correctly. Otherwise, LED or PIAA bulbs are solid options.

Any idea as to what brand of headunit you have in mind? Perhaps a double-din? What about the rest of the audio?

vinniecap

A bone stock manual EX is a great base to work with. Congrats on the find.

Koni Yellows w/ Ground Controls are a great option. 16" wheels are as big as you should go, preferably with a 45 profile.

LED bulbs: go with SMD bulbs over the typical LED diodes to ensure a bright white color.

Headlights: if you choose HID then you better do a projector retrofit kit or the light wont disperse correctly. Otherwise, LED or PIAA bulbs are solid options.

Any idea as to what brand of headunit you have in mind? Perhaps a double-din? What about the rest of the audio?

HEx,

I've been out of the car audio scene for several years. My last "system" build was on my new 99 GS-R, back in 1999. There are SO many options now, it's crazy.

To answer your question, I am leaning to a single-DIN right now, but I have seen a few double-DIN's that look promising. The prospect of being able to add a rear-view camera is what I like. Sony, Alpine and a few Pioneer's are on the short list. There is a new Sony unit that pushes 100Wx4 thanks to a built in class D amp. That would really come in handy when I swap the 17 year old paper cone stock speakers.

Teri

Respected
Get 205 50 r15 tires and rims 15.6.5 then lower it . You can make it look like a DC 2. I did it. Look me up and see the pic of my car .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk