Vortech Superchargers

Prez

My Names JOhn...im kool.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Superchargers suck...Shane, i think you should just go turbo if you want forced induction for your Si

EM1_ProJect

Yeah...it's boosted
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Prez said:
Superchargers suck...Shane, i think you should just go turbo if you want forced induction for your Si
they suck? through brevard motorsports i met a kid from ISP (island street performance) a local shop in Merrit Island and his car run's 12's. He beats my boys TT 300zx. Totally stock looking Si like mine...f**kin sick! Plus since i'm not very turbo literate, i would blow my motor.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
EM1_ProJect said:
they suck? through brevard motorsports i met a kid from ISP (island street performance) a local shop in Merrit Island and his car run's 12's. He beats my boys TT 300zx. Totally stock looking Si like mine...f**kin sick! Plus since i'm not very turbo literate, i would blow my motor.
Then get a GReddy kit.... It's the same as buying a supercharger kit..

EM1_ProJect

Yeah...it's boosted
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
joe7987 said:
Then get a GReddy kit.... It's the same as buying a supercharger kit..
what's the benefit of a turbo over a supercharger in your opinion.

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Vortech > JR SC's. . who ever says super charges suck, that is their own personal opinion . .

the thing that people dont like about super charges is they run off of your pullies

Hatch_Of_Doom

death's just death
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have nothing against either, both add power massively so = good, and Superchargers can stay more hidden. Most import people think FI = massive FMIC and BOV, but if you went against someone and they thought you were NA, turned out to have a supercharged b16 and spanked them, it'd be sweet.

Plus there's a local Si here SC'd that runs 11's or something.

EM1_ProJect

Yeah...it's boosted
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i agree with you Daniel...i think it's the pulley thing that people don't like, but who knows. and yes...belive me, i know Vortech > Jackson Racing, which is why if i got one i would save for the real deal. Anyways....$3,700 is far away from the $50 that i have right now. But if i am serious about this then i can do it. (i'm always wanting instant power...maybe i can wait awhile and this will make me happy!)

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
EM1_ProJect said:
what's the benefit of a turbo over a supercharger in your opinion.
Sorry dude, not the person to be asking that question..i'm no FI guru. All I can tell you is that you don't have to worry about blowing up your engine if you just buy a kit, regardless of whether it's a turbo or supercharger.

EM1_ProJect

Yeah...it's boosted
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
joe7987 said:
Sorry dude, not the person to be asking that question..i'm no FI guru. All I can tell you is that you don't have to worry about blowing up your engine if you just buy a kit, regardless of whether it's a turbo or supercharger.
i understand...but with a supercharger i could get over 200hp and thats what i'm looking for, nothing much more than that....and it'd be throughout my whole rpm band...unlike turbochargers. and it's for about the same price as a Greddy Kit....so whats to keep me from going SC over TC. Supercharger's are more sleek to me anyways...like....clean and s**t!

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
EM1_ProJect said:
i understand...but with a supercharger i could get over 200hp and thats what i'm looking for, nothing much more than that....and it'd be throughout my whole rpm band...unlike turbochargers. and it's for about the same price as a Greddy Kit....so whats to keep me from going SC over TC. Supercharger's are more sleek to me anyways...like....clean and s**t!
you can get over 200hp with a turbo too... and turbochargers can have a blow off valve... woohoo. lol

EM1_ProJect

Yeah...it's boosted
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol yes, i know...but f**k a blow off valve when i can have a super sleeper. i'll throw my stock s**t back on (prolly not) and start blowin s**t out of the water.

Prez

My Names JOhn...im kool.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'd still rather run a turbo...i like it more(my opinion) and i really like the BOV sound, you can have it sleeper with a turbo too. a GReddy kit can easily get you up to 200whp with proper tuning and Air/Fuel Managment...but if you want the vortech, i say do it if you like it.

EM1_ProJect

Yeah...it's boosted
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, i want it...bad. So find my thread on "pharmacuetical use" drugs and read....im starting to save =)=)

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Prez said:
i'd still rather run a turbo...i like it more(my opinion) and i really like the BOV sound, you can have it sleeper with a turbo too. a GReddy kit can easily get you up to 200whp with proper tuning and Air/Fuel Managment...but if you want the vortech, i say do it if you like it.
:werd: but.. my advice is.. makes sure you know what you like before buying one or the other. If I were you I would research both. Find out which is going to be better for you engine in terms of speed, reliability, cost.. etc.... and find out which of those qualities you want the most. Don't make an uneducated decision.

EM1_ProJect

Yeah...it's boosted
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
joe7987 said:
:werd: but.. my advice is.. makes sure you know what you like before buying one or the other. If I were you I would research both. Find out which is going to be better for you engine in terms of speed, reliability, cost.. etc.... and find out which of those qualities you want the most. Don't make an uneducated decision.
> Superchargers are safe.....made for stock engine use.
> Power throughout your whole rpm band.
> Heat isnt near turbo heat created.
> I WANT IT....so yeah i think i'm ready

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
EM1_ProJect said:
> Superchargers are safe.....made for stock engine use.
> Power throughout your whole rpm band.
> Heat isnt near turbo heat created.
> I WANT IT....so yeah i think i'm ready
lol, ok.. if you think you're ready then go for it.

EM1_ProJect

Yeah...it's boosted
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LOTS OF DRUGS, HERE I COME!!!! (to sell...for the SC) lol

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
EM1_ProJect said:
LOTS OF DRUGS, HERE I COME!!!! (to sell...for the SC) lol
...i'm hoping you work at a pharmacy.. and you don't mean you're a drug dealer.

EM1_ProJect

Yeah...it's boosted
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
joe7987 said:
...i'm hoping you work at a pharmacy.. and you don't mean you're a drug dealer.
lol, yes....18 years old at a pharmacy...just uhhh started :roll: :roll: :roll: ;)