VSA on a 06 si

Jsims1992

Im wanting to put traction control on my 06 si and im wondering how much it would cost for me to do this? Anyone have any ideas?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Honesty, it would be cheaper (and safer) to sell yours and buy a car with it.

There is a LOT going on with the VSA system. You would need (at the least) sensors for the wheels, a very expensive VSA control module, tilt/weight difference detecting sensors, a new ecu because it cuts fuel, brakes individual wheels (which means it works with the ABS so there might be a new ABS module that needs swapped too), and cuts power to help control the car when the VSA is active, the interior switch, relays, and possibly a new harness from a car that actually had VSA.

Then there is the nightmare of getting it to work properly and the safety aspect of it not working correctly because the car wasn't built with it in mind.

Very expensive and a huge pain in the ass if you ask me. The control unit, abs unit, and ecu would be just ~$2000 if bought from honda and that doesn't include all the other nonsense you would need. Like I said, it would probably be more cost effective to buy a car with it already installed. There is no retrofit from Honda with this for a reason. This isn't just like swapping to discs in the rear or adding nav to a car that didn't have it. This is a HUGE safety system

Doing a very simple and quick search on google reaffirms my thoughts. No one has successfully attempted this it looks like. There is probably a reason they couldn't get it going.

Last edited:

Jsims1992

So why dont you want vsa system on yours? When I'm at the line im burning my tires like crazy i mean what am i doing wrong?I'm trying to win the race so i cant start out slow. Any pointers on this do get a awesome start?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LOL. VSA is for safety not racing right? Did you hit up the old google to see what it actually does...in layman's terms it limits power to the wheel that is slipping to hopefully gain traction in slippery conditions in hopes to gain control back to the driver.

For racing you need MORE traction with added power not something that limits power to gain it.

Get better tires and stop dropping the clutch at high rpms.

Is the car all stock?

Last edited: