vtec not working and high idle popping noise in my intake

trappin_247

Ok so i bought a car and it has a cel i took it to the autoparts and i got code p1259 which is vtec malfunction i would like to know how could i fix that the other little problem im having is that the car idles constantly between 1,700rpms or 1,200rpms i think thats a little high and some times it goes jumps back and forth like if the iacv was bad but it dose it rarely and i also hear a popping sound in the intake once in a while i think it would have something to do with the dizzy but its not a missfire btw its a 2000 civic sedan lx with a swapped d16y8 and auto to

trappin_247

trappin_247 said:
Ok so i bought a car and it has a cel i took it to the autoparts and i got code p1259 which is vtec malfunction i would like to know how could i fix that the other little problem im having is that the car idles constantly between 1,700rpms or 1,200rpms i think thats a little high and some times it goes jumps back and forth like if the iacv was bad but it dose it rarely and i also hear a popping sound in the intake once in a while i think it would have something to do with the dizzy but its not a missfire btw its a 2000 civic sedan lx with a swapped d16y8 and auto to manual

Posted from Clubcivic.com App for Android

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
popping inside the intake????...

do you have enough oil?
make sure the plug is plugged in all the way,
you might need a new solenoid or a new switch

trappin_247

yea I hear a popping noise coming from the intake i feel it might be from the dizzy tho and the oil is fine I don't have any leaks

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the solenoid will be in the area at the top left corner of your valve cover. it has a brownish color and is being held down by three 10mm bolts.
because it is a swap, has the wiring harness been properly modified to engage vtec or is it using the correct engine harness?

trappin_247

the solenoid is plugged in and it's a ex harness which belongs to the motor but wiring wise everything looks good

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
could be a faulty vtec solenoid or the whole switch

trappin_247

what should my Ecu say for me to know it's a manual ecu i have a p2p a12

2slo4u