Vtech to nonvtec swap - HELP

LTDirty

Long story..

I have a 2001 Honda civic EX. Somehow managed to blow up my engine. At the time the only engine for under 500 bucks i could find was an engine out of a 2003 Civic LX. Non-Vtech. Only thing we swapped was the engine.

So needless to say.. at about 4k rpm it sputters out. And you can definitely tell its constantly trying to give it more fuel than it needs. Bad mpg, seems like its not near as powerful at low end.. Just all kinds of stuff.

ANYWAYS.. I am not able to find anyyywhereeee other than the dealer.. A ecu and wiring harness for a 01-03 LX MANUAL transmission. I have an ecu and wiring harness for an LX Automatic that came with the engine.. Which i believe i can still use the ecu.. it'll just throw a code from when ive been told.. But I definitely cannot use the Wiring Harness. (already tried). If anyone has one.. or knows where i can get one.. Please please please let me know. I am in dire need as this is my only vehicle. Still in highschool and i definitely cannot afford dealership prices.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dont know much about the 7th gens but could you swap your old head back to the new block? Or se year vtec head

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
You could swap the engine harness from your old motor, and then get your hands on a non-VTEC ECU!