1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

VX vs. SI tranny

Discussion in 'Tech Archive (No Posting)' started by 1993hatch, May 14, 2010.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. 1993hatch

1993hatch New Member 5+ Year Member

So i was reading earlier today, and i saw someone say a vx tranny is better than an si tranny because the gears are shorter. correct me if im wrong but why would you want a VX tranny under a built motor when the SI tranny is more for performance?

2. stickeyrice84

stickeyrice84 New Member 5+ Year Member

i thought that the VX grears are longer than the Si, the VX was for eco and the Si was for sporty kind of deal, and if u want a VX trany under a built motor in my mind u just wasted ur time, thats likt takeing a fully built GSR and throwing a ls tranny on it to me, it will take u for ever to get up to speed and would suck ass if ur in a race cuz u wont keep up

3. mymmeryloss

mymmeryloss RHD is where its at Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

i am a believer in this combo, only for boosted applications....

the tarnny is still the weak link, but can be built up if thats what u r into and if u r running high horsepower, u would want to do that anyway...

the long gearing on the vx tranny is great for a turboed or s/c'd civic to keep in the turbo and stretch lag...

4. 1993hatch

1993hatch New Member 5+ Year Member

okay thanks. ya i read that and was just thinking to myself, theres no way. but it depends on the si tranny. the b16 tranny is at four grand around sixty mph so i could only imagine how much shorter the gears are.