VX vs. SI tranny

1993hatch

5+ Year Member
So i was reading earlier today, and i saw someone say a vx tranny is better than an si tranny because the gears are shorter. correct me if im wrong but why would you want a VX tranny under a built motor when the SI tranny is more for performance?

stickeyrice84

5+ Year Member
i thought that the VX grears are longer than the Si, the VX was for eco and the Si was for sporty kind of deal, and if u want a VX trany under a built motor in my mind u just wasted ur time, thats likt takeing a fully built GSR and throwing a ls tranny on it to me, it will take u for ever to get up to speed and would suck ass if ur in a race cuz u wont keep up

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i am a believer in this combo, only for boosted applications....

the tarnny is still the weak link, but can be built up if thats what u r into and if u r running high horsepower, u would want to do that anyway...

the long gearing on the vx tranny is great for a turboed or s/c'd civic to keep in the turbo and stretch lag...

1993hatch

5+ Year Member
okay thanks. ya i read that and was just thinking to myself, theres no way. but it depends on the si tranny. the b16 tranny is at four grand around sixty mph so i could only imagine how much shorter the gears are.