Want to put a turbo on

Caleb Methvin

I have a Stock 2014 Honda Civic Ex coupe and was wanting to put a turbo on my car. I found a used turbo kit that comes with all the pipes, inter cooler, gauges and manifold. Only thing is that the turbo came off of a 2010 Honda, but it was a 1.8L just like mine. Will it work? And what else would I need to buy to make it work? I know I'll need to reprogram the ECU but I don't know what to use and I don't know what cc injectors I should get. The Turbos model no. is TB28

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If it's the same motor it will fit motor wise, but if it's a different front end between the 2010 and 2014 then that's probably a whole different story. Injectors depend on hp goals, look up injector flow calculator to see what size you should get

Caleb Methvin

If it's the same motor it will fit motor wise, but if it's a different front end between the 2010 and 2014 then that's probably a whole different story. Injectors depend on hp goals, look up injector flow calculator to see what size you should get
I believe the front end is the same, I'll check out the injector calculator. Anything else that it might need? Thanks!

What would be a good target crank HP and Max Cycle %

Last edited by a moderator:

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't know jack s**t about any civic beyond 92-00 so I couldn't tell you really, which motor is in your car a k20? If so k series can handle like 450hp stock or something like that so you need to do some research, what are your goals? High hp, quick daily, race car, weekend warrior? If you want quick response and power a large turbo is not what you want (mid size good for like 325hp should have good powerband). You will probably need flashpro and a larger fuel pump depending on stock pump lph (flow)

Caleb Methvin

I don't know jack s**t about any civic beyond 92-00 so I couldn't tell you really, which motor is in your car a k20? If so k series can handle like 450hp stock or something like that so you need to do some research, what are your goals? High hp, quick daily, race car, weekend warrior? If you want quick response and power a large turbo is not what you want (mid size good for like 325hp should have good powerband). You will probably need flashpro and a larger fuel pump depending on stock pump lph (flow)
I'm pretty sure the flow rate is fine, I want it more for a quicker response and not necessarily races but just to be able to keep up and possibly beat faster cars

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Do some research on that turbo, I would probably say use a turbo good for 300hp maybe with a .60/.63 AR housings to give decent hp and good response any larger housing will probably be laggy.