Want To Turbo My Stock D15b(non vtec) how? please help!!

VegaCivic

I have a 91 honda civic hatch(basic)
With its original motor(130xxx miles)
Which is a D15b 1.5L
but I want to turbo it.
I was wondering what do I have to all do to it for turbo
How much can this motor take? If it 70 hp stock
How many psi of boost can it handle?
Please help I realy want to make this a project car
what do I all have to doo so I can turbo my car?
Please help! Thanks

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well most of what you asked depends on the condition of your motor, but normally it wont last long past 10psi. It could be more but most likely less. Use the SEARCH BAR up top and it will give you more than enough answer to all this. but in my opinion based off the age of your motor i would recommend a rebuild and to start saving your pennies

emerican

Registered VIP
search bar, google and d-series.org could help you out but im agreed with ^ it all depends on the strengh and condition of your motor now it also depends on how much money you really want to put into this what would your budget be to turbo this thing and get it ready for boost?

VegaCivic

My motor is in great shape I have it in tip top condition, Alwayz take care of it and everything its really clean to be this year but i understand what you mean kuz it does have 130xxx miles I don't think that'll be kewl to boost a motor with high milege

VegaCivic

I'm also willin to spend whatever I need to, Idc lol
I really wna doo this, like I don't want to spend to mich but I'm looking for something decent maybe 8-10 psi of boost

VegaCivic

I'm also willin to spend whatever I need to, Idc lol
I really wna doo this, like I don't want to spend to mich but I'm looking for something decent maybe 8-10 psi of boost

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i would do a compression test first and change all the gaskets and timing belt. get a rebuild kit off the internet. Then boost, if its a project car it means you can take your time and not rush. so do it CORRECTLY. What is your hp goal? Low budget or high budget? there are so many factors. just use google and look into turbod and dseries.org. There is plenty of info on those two sites

Nevermind you answered as i was typing, but i would recommend doing the rebuild like i said or atleast make sure all your gaskets are in perfect condition, this will but excessive stress on your engine and transmission. Get a kit or piece one together then get a good tune. actually great tune. that is the most important part and expect to spend close to 2 grand in the end

emerican

Registered VIP
If this can be a project car im assuming its not your dd which is good do everything as stated above me if its done right the first time it will last if you try and cheap out on things chances are it wont last there is a million ways to do a turbo build so it all comes down to how you want to do it you cant just say i want to make 10 psi what size turbo are talking about then you have to have the mods to support the turbo fuel pump, injectors, tune, etc and as previosly stated the tune is the most important part in all this so that will be a large sum of money right there but will be worth every penny

VegaCivic

thanks for the info
Nd yea I was thinking the rebuild to
But yea I'm in no rush I want to doo this correctly no mess ups
Nd Im looking at let's say maybe 200-300 hp somewhere around their

VegaCivic

thanks for the info
Nd yea I was thinking the rebuild to
But yea I'm in no rush I want to doo this correctly no mess ups
Nd Im looking at let's say maybe 200-300 hp somewhere around their

emerican

Registered VIP
300 is a very high and very expensive goal rods will have to be changed for sure stock d15 rods are good to i think 180 do you want to mini me swap it or are you wanting to stay complely d15 non vtec

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for your hp goal. a stock internal y8 motor with an edelbrock turbo kit can push 230. your goal is going to require a complete rebuild and all forged internals and stuff. you may be better off swapping to a b or h series and then running low boost

emerican

Registered VIP
It all depends on what you want if you are just dead set in having a boosted d15 odds are you wont ever see 200-300 horses if you want to just boost a d series then a y8 swap would bettter serve you then the engine you have now if you are just looking to make 300 horses on whatever even though im a big d series guy then you may want to swap in a b its all up to you and how you want to do the build

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you want to stay d series either do d15 with vtec head like a y8 or z6. if not go b. but you are looking at a fully built motor for your goal with a d15

emerican

Registered VIP
IF you are going to swap the b in use the search bar and read all the right ups where it has been done already it has been done a million times if you ask people on here chances are they arent going to hold your hand through it so for either turbo d or swapped b i believe its research time start reading up on what is needed and costs for both and decide which you want to do

JDM_VTEC

Is your motor a Dual Port Fuel Injection or Multi Port Fuel Injection? If its DualPoint then convert it to MultiPoint or you wont have enough fuel supply with the turbo and you'll be boggin it. Also, where in milwaukee are you? Im on the New Berlin/Muskego border lol

VegaCivic

I'm Dual Point
And I'm in Cudahy, Wisconsin a little lower then the actual mil-town like 10 min lower
And what about 150 hp for a d series do you think it'll make it?
because I just wna keep my car original with its stock motor but do a lil customization to it
The motor stock is 70 hp
I just wana doo a lil custom make it a lil fancy