waste gate problems, not getting any boost!!!

brodie_72

5+ Year Member
Hey, I just finished my turbo build on a d15. I am having a problem hooking up the dual port wastgate and manual boost controler. PLEASE!!!!!! Can some one put this in terms that a child could understand, because i have been all over the net and i am having NO luck what so ever. Thank you very much.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how are you getting vacuum to it? where are you getting your vacuum from?
try installing it w/o the boost controller and see if it does its job

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^^

:werd:

turbod16.com

d-series.com

google.com

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why would you be running a dual port wastegate? are you running that much boost? check your gaskets and check the blades on the turbo. also check your vac line from the turbo to the wastegate

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
why would you be running a dual port wastegate? are you running that much boost? check your gaskets and check the blades on the turbo. also check your vac line from the turbo to the wastegate
some wastegates actually come with dual ports....it has nothing to do with running lots of boost....

LS1Bait

LS1s love me.
5+ Year Member
did you install the fire ring??

on top of that, hook up a vacuum source from the manifold OR compressor housing (if you have a nipple on the compressor housing that is!) to the bottom wastegate nipple for base/set spring boost. To hook up your mbc, just splice it into that line I was talking about.

Remember, hooking up a vacuum source to the bottom wastegate nipple = set spring boost
leaving the wastegate unplugged = usually double set spring boost
Top of the wastegate = double what it would make if it was unplugged (IIRC)