water in trunk, & only driver's side

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Every time it rains the trunk gets wet and a heavy rainfall will cause almost a full INCH of standing water ONLY on the driver's side along the door only. Mind you, the inner door, seat, nothing interior is wet, ONLY the floor.

The seals are fine, we've already checked. All panels line up correctly except for the trunk, which I have a feeling is the issue w/ water leakage back there.

The part that puzzles me is the car was wrecked by a prior owner on the passenger side, and everything is absolutely fine on that side.

Is anyone else having this issue? Any insight is appreciated. I'd love to get this fixed before the interior is ruined, considering my interior is almost mint.

Thanks!
Kelly

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i would get a hose and try to pin point where it is coming from.. Usual leaks are from the sunroof drain or rear tail lights.. but it could be door/window seals or pretty much from anywhere..

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
tail lights are dry, no sunroof. all seals are fine. already tried hosing the car down and can't see it. i can HEAR the water but not see it. fml

SwiftEKtuner

EJ6 Powderpuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
where do you hear the water coming from?

durgo

5+ Year Member
for the driver side floor area it could be your windshield. I had that problem with my truck, had the windshield reset and no more leak. as for the trunk its usually the tails, could be the lid seal or the rear window though.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for the driver side floor area it could be your windshield. I had that problem with my truck, had the windshield reset and no more leak. as for the trunk its usually the tails, could be the lid seal or the rear window though.
the trunk i'm thinking it's b/c it's not set on straight.

it sounds like it's coming from the windshield and trickling down the door jams or something. how in the heck would a windshield become lose but not break?

durgo

5+ Year Member
Its not necessarily loose, could just be a weak place in the window adhesive that broke down over time.