1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

Water inside my trunk!!

Discussion in 'Interior / Audio / Electronics' started by EDWINV00SI, Dec 23, 2010.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. EDWINV00SI

EDWINV00SI PROJ3CT EM1

Its raining pretty hard out here in southern cali. Its getting inside my 97 ex. I dont know how its getting in there but its looking bad. Does anyone know how its getting in there?? Plz let me know!! Thanks

2. Jeffhondadc5

Jeffhondadc5 New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

gaskets around the tail lights..

3. Daddy_Digital

Daddy_Digital Haters make me FAMOUS! Registered VIP

maybe the weather stripping around ur trunk lid? does this ever happen when u wash ur car?

4. OblivionEK

OblivionEK New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

I got this too, check all the possible places. don't forget taillight gaskets, seals near the gas tank filler, sunroof tubes, and any trunk vents.

5. EDWINV00SI

EDWINV00SI PROJ3CT EM1

really? im going to have to check that out thanks

no it doesnt this is the first time i ever seen water in my trunk lol

thanks a lot man. ever since this rain ive had a big puddle of water inside my trunk :(

6. UCCRacing

UCCRacing No Fun Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

There is a plug in the bottom of your trunk.. Take it out and the water will drain

7. EDWINV00SI

EDWINV00SI PROJ3CT EM1

damn it i should of read this earlier lol

8. purpej1

purpej1 honda fiend Registered VIP

i would say fold down rear seats and have someone pour water and see for yourself.

9. baltorob

baltorob New Member 5+ Year Member

Trunk Leaks

I tried that awhile back and nothing came in. Even used a hose on it, nothing came in. For awhile, I was using a dishpan to catch the water, I had it on the passenger side by the taillights, the cargo net held it in place. It worked really well. It would rain like hell, the dishpan would get half full but not a drop in the trunk.

But the last couple of rain storms have really soaked the trunk. So where ever the leak is coming from, it seems to be spreading. I am getting tired of using the shop vac to suck up the water.
    Its a 99 EX Coupe.

10. amaestre32

amaestre32 New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

On my hatch it leaks through the hatch seal, then runs down the plastics to the trunk but only some of the times. Idk why but sometimes the seal works and sometimes it doesn't i'm guessing it depends on how hard the water is trying to force its way in. Maybe it's the same for your trunk seal. Idk just a hunch.