Water leak on floor: Suggestions?

West Dylan

Respected
I'm curious if anybody knows where a drain for the cowl/wiper transmission area on a 98' DX Civic, might be, or if there even is one.

I just recently purchased my Civic, and my floor has been wet after rainfall, or melting snow, from front to back. It looks like there's water on the firewall on the passengers foot well area.
Maybe someone has had a similar issue and knows exactly where to look..

Thanks in advance =)

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your pictures dont work.

Water drains out the the cowl area into the outside of the fenders. Your issue likely lies around the windshield. Its not uncommon for the polyurethane seal to break down and allow leaks, perhaps dripping down the A-pillar to make its way to the floor. I had just that issue not long ago. Remove the A-pillar and peal back the headliner then inspect those areas.

I also changed your title from "Anyone have some insight?" to be specific to your issue. Details help you receive answers much faster than ambiguous titles.

West Dylan

Respected
Yeah, I noticed they didn't, haven't quite figured out all the mechanics to this website..

Greatly, appreciate the advice, I'll start taking apart the pillars on both sides and inspect the seal around the windscreen, just to rule it out of the list.

CamdSingleSlam

if you got a sunroof check that too, my sunroof drain seal messed up n filled the door pocket every time

West Dylan

Respected
Your pictures dont work.

Water drains out the the cowl area into the outside of the fenders. Your issue likely lies around the windshield. Its not uncommon for the polyurethane seal to break down and allow leaks, perhaps dripping down the A-pillar to make its way to the floor. I had just that issue not long ago. Remove the A-pillar and peal back the headliner then inspect those areas.

I also changed your title from "Anyone have some insight?" to be specific to your issue. Details help you receive answers much faster than ambiguous titles.
Decided to take the A pillar trim off and check today, found condensation and water dripping on the drivers side.
Thank you for pointing me in that direction.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Decided to take the A pillar trim off and check today, found condensation and water dripping on the drivers side.
I'm glad to have helped. FYI, I used black gasket maker to patch up the cracks causing the leak I had.

check your trim around the window's buddie make sure there not cracked or weathered that could also be the source of your issue