what are the symptoms of a bad fuel pressure regulator?

Amace013

i got a b18b1 swapped into my 98 civic hx about a month ago if i let my car sit for about 45 min or longer basically when it fully cools down i have issues starting it again it starts sputters and dies and if i hit the gas on and off itll rev and almost die till it warms up. ive replaced plugs wires cap rotor dizzy is newer. someone told me it could be my fuel pressure regulator but if it sits for a few hrs it starts fine just idles pretty low until warm. can the fuel press reg cause this?

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
any CEL's? sounds like a IACV issue to me

Amace013

well my iacv is disconnected. if it is hooked up it idloes at 2k rpm and i thought i could just disconnect it without any issues, im sorry if i sound like an idiot

Amace013

if i plug it back in it does the same thing. im not sure if its that, if i buy a new one should it idle normally? or would i have to adjust it

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so you unplugged the IACV? Plug it back in, let it idle at 2k and adjust the idle screw to see if it drops

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
either that, or you have a massive vacuum leak

Vitaliy93

bad fuel pressure regulator is when you loose pressure in the rail right when you shut off the car. Depending on how bad it is, you will need to prime the fuel pump before it will start again. Or else you will be cranking it for a good 10-15 seconds before it starts again as it will slowly build fuel pressure as you're cranking it.

Amace013

I plugged back in the iacv it idles at 1500 and I tried the screw it doesn't do anything im pretty sure its the fuel pressure regulator I'm gonna buy an aftermarket one since they are cheaper than stock ones what's the correct fuel pressure for a b18b1. Also I'm just gonna run no iacv because without it my car idles and runs perfectly