1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

what are the symptoms of a bad fuel pressure regulator?

Discussion in 'Engine Tech / Drivetrain' started by Amace013, Dec 5, 2010.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. Amace013

Amace013 New Member

i got a b18b1 swapped into my 98 civic hx about a month ago if i let my car sit for about 45 min or longer basically when it fully cools down i have issues starting it again it starts sputters and dies and if i hit the gas on and off itll rev and almost die till it warms up. ive replaced plugs wires cap rotor dizzy is newer. someone told me it could be my fuel pressure regulator but if it sits for a few hrs it starts fine just idles pretty low until warm. can the fuel press reg cause this?

2. got traction

got traction i rock the sohc Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

any CEL's? sounds like a IACV issue to me

3. Amace013

Amace013 New Member

well my iacv is disconnected. if it is hooked up it idloes at 2k rpm and i thought i could just disconnect it without any issues, im sorry if i sound like an idiot

4. Amace013

Amace013 New Member

if i plug it back in it does the same thing. im not sure if its that, if i buy a new one should it idle normally? or would i have to adjust it

5. got traction

got traction i rock the sohc Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

so you unplugged the IACV? Plug it back in, let it idle at 2k and adjust the idle screw to see if it drops

6. got traction

either that, or you have a massive vacuum leak

7. Vitaliy93

Vitaliy93 New Member

bad fuel pressure regulator is when you loose pressure in the rail right when you shut off the car. Depending on how bad it is, you will need to prime the fuel pump before it will start again. Or else you will be cranking it for a good 10-15 seconds before it starts again as it will slowly build fuel pressure as you're cranking it.

8. Amace013

Amace013 New Member

I plugged back in the iacv it idles at 1500 and I tried the screw it doesn't do anything im pretty sure its the fuel pressure regulator I'm gonna buy an aftermarket one since they are cheaper than stock ones what's the correct fuel pressure for a b18b1. Also I'm just gonna run no iacv because without it my car idles and runs perfectly