What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JohnS., Mar 27, 2011.

1. XpL0d3r

XpL0d3r What Civic? Staff Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

All of central PA is boring as s**t. West PA has Pittsburgh, east PA (@Osiris19 ) has Philly. You're gonna be in the middle.

You'll be pretty much where I picked up my RSX from haha

2. mymmeryloss

mymmeryloss RHD is where its at Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Well sounds like ill be there to work and f**k amish bitches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

young_ likes this.
  3. Osiris19

Osiris19 oilBurner Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

Mansfield is close to where my aunt lives. It's beautiful up there. Lots of Amish but a lot of mountains. Lots of fracking up there. My aunt lives like 2 miles from a frack site.

I live about 3 hours south of Mansfield but I'm up in Williamsport a few times a year. I'd love to come up sometime and hit up a bar. Just let me know!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

mymmeryloss and XpL0d3r like this.
  4. ctag

ctag fill it with wires! Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

My buddy had a Mustang pull out of a parking lot in front of him last night and the wreck totaled his Miata :( He's alright, but we're both upset by it; he was pretty heavily invested in that car, and we were gearing up to do an engine swap next year.

5. XpL0d3r

Of course it was a Mustang :|

That sucks man. Glad he is alright though.

mymmeryloss likes this.
  6. ctag

Haha, yeah, he said something along the same lines :lol: And I'm glad he was able to walk away too, considering that I think his car had the airbags removed.

We met up last night and went over everything; he's already getting things lined up to buy another miata, so it was good to see him bounce back from this.

7. young_

young_ out on bail Staff Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

Been looking at bikes. My sister's fiancé works for a dealer and comes across all kinds of deals at dealer only auctions. Fingers crossed something comes up soon. Looking specifically for a ninja 650, but we'll see.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

ctag and mymmeryloss like this.
  8. XpL0d3r

Snow outta nowhere. About 9" so far. I do not have my winter tires on yet.

9. 96 DX Hatch

96 DX Hatch Alex Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Put my idler gear back in
    Got the upper radiator hose off finally

Baby steps. Because procrastina...

ImportFan1 and XpL0d3r like this.
  10. ImportFan1

ImportFan1 Super Moderator Staff Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Got my windows tinted at 35% and got a clear bra installed. Will post pics later.

pmac193 likes this.
  11. Osiris19

Osiris19 oilBurner Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

Happy Thanksgiving!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

ImportFan1, XpL0d3r and MACE like this.
  12. 96 DX Hatch

Installed my timing chain tensioner, rocker assembly, camshafts, and camshaft holders. Set the timing. Adjusted valve clearances in cylinders 1 & 3 so far.

Going to have a few other S2000's over in the morning to work on their cars while I do some more on mine.

ctag likes this.
  13. 96 DX Hatch

Took the Vette out for a bit tonight to see what's going on with Art Basel (art week)
    Car's now about 2 months old or so, only at about 620mi on it after tonight's drive
    Swung by a dealer downtown and saw one of Mayweather's previous Veyron's but now with a new Chiron next to it
    Then the dealer across the street had some premium classics (kinda their thing)
    But otherwise not much really going on on a Saturday night
    I'll have to go by the Bug dealer in the daytime with my camera, see if they even let me see it as they've kinda put a dividing wall between that section and the main showroom, but still accessible via Rolls showroom.

Sunday's plan - hopefully put some time into the S2000 now that all valves are adjusted to spec.

ctag likes this.
  14. ctag

I just discovered that the clearcoat on my front bumper is coming up in pockets, so now there's water sloshing around between it and the red paint underneath :???: This poor car has been really patient with me over these years of college, I'm looking forward to fixing it up.

mymmeryloss likes this.
  15. Anthony_76

Anthony_76 Member

Put HX wheels on my DD with smaller tires.
    Before:
    20161130_115529_HDR-picsay.jpg

After:
    20161130_141035_HDR-1-picsay.jpg

MACE, ctag and mymmeryloss like this.
  16. ImportFan1

ImportFan1 Super Moderator Staff Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Once I can get some decent shots I'll get pics of the new Xpel Paint Protection Film (clear bra) and window tint. Bought a few supplies to fuel my new cleaning and detailing obsession...

[​IMG]

ctag, mymmeryloss and pmac193 like this.
  17. mymmeryloss

mymmeryloss RHD is where its at Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Cant lose with Adams

18. ctag

Do you have a tutorial on detailing around? I neglect my car because it's hard to tell what's good, and what's bad. People just as often either b***h at me about Armorall on trim or tell me to use gobs of it...

19. mymmeryloss

Well lets see here...

Do you own a buffer or polisher? What kind of detail experience do you have? What is your budget? Detailing is pretty much like building cars lol. Theres cheap products and then there's professional products. Ive been detailing vehicles since i was super young and still really enjoy it.

20. mymmeryloss

Well looks like i wont be making it out to PA for work. Was really looking forward to it since i have never been out there.

Instead i get to have surgery and sit at home for 3 months

: chat