1. ClubCivic is now on Instagram! Follow us at clubcivicdotcom. Want your photos features? Tag or DM us, use #clubcivicdotcom, or email us your photos to photos@clubcivic.com

What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JohnS., Mar 27, 2011.

1. mymmeryloss

mymmeryloss RHD is where its at Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Happy New Years i guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Osiris19 likes this.
  2. Osiris19

Osiris19 oilBurner Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

Happy New year man, how have you been?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

3. mymmeryloss

mymmeryloss RHD is where its at Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Pretty shitty. 2016 sucked. 2017 isnt getting a very good start. I had surgery last week so I'm still kinda laid up. U?

4. Osiris19

Osiris19 oilBurner Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

Damn man, I really hope you recover quickly man. That's no joke. I have been dealing with rotator cuff issues for the last year but don't want to go to the doctor because I can't afford to be out of work for my family's sake so I just deal with the pain. But, anyways, I've had a decent year. Learned a lot at my job and am pretty much the head technician in express, and was asked to be promoted to main shop technician. Unfortunately, my financial position doesn't allow for the change at the moment so I have to continue changing oil for now, but I'm content.

Other than that, it's been alright. Still have the same roof over our heads and have food on the table every night so I guess that's good. Been helping my mum out for the last couple of years since dad passed and overall it has been... Alright. Been going back and forth on deciding whether or not I want to enlist in the air force to start a career in aircraft mechanics. Cars have become boring and annoying to me. I can't deal with shitty customers anymore and honestly I'd like to do something worth getting up in the morning. Need to start cutting back on fatty foods and hit the gym.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mymmeryloss likes this.
  5. XpL0d3r

XpL0d3r What Civic? Staff Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Happy new year fellas

pmac193, ctag and Osiris19 like this.
  6. ctag

ctag fill it with wires! Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

Holidays are over, back to work :party2:

7. XpL0d3r

XpL0d3r What Civic? Staff Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Just booked my flight to Tulsa for work next week. Also found out I'll be going to England to visit HQ and also participate in a UK version of a Tough Mudder... should be interesting lol

mymmeryloss likes this.
  8. ctag

Bought a clutch and flywheel for my civic back in December, but just can't get around to installing it :| Also, lol, snow flakes fell on Alabama.

mymmeryloss likes this.
  9. XpL0d3r

Did the whole state come to a halt? :lol:

I'm in Tulsa, OK now. Was hoping to escape the cold weather for a bit but it was one degree warmer than NY when I landed. Looks like it might get up into the 70's today and tomorrow, but Friday on my travel day home, it's supposed to be freezing rain. So hopefully there are no delays.

So far, the biggest thing I have learned about Oklahoma is that everyone loves gravy.

10. ctag

Mmmm gravy.

Actually, North Alabama was almost a total miss. It snowed at my place for like five minutes :roll: And yesterday was warm enough to walk around in tshirts.

11. XpL0d3r

Yep that's some crazy weather. We've had similar wacky temps in NY on occasion as well. 80 one day, down to the 30's the next. Nuts.

12. 96 DX Hatch

96 DX Hatch Alex Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Ran down to Key Largo again yesterday
    Top down and 70º, felt good

Night before was pretty damn cold, but according to Snapchat it was only in the 60's.
    Which I learned not to pay attention to as yesterday it said I was -41ft altitude driving through the Keys

Currently watching an R32 at auction
    Then going to clean a couple rooms in the house
    Maybe even finally go swap the front tires around after that

13. Kakasing

Kakasing Respected

K24A3 stock bottom end (same as the k24a2 from the US), ARP head studs, OEM k24 head gasket

[​IMG]

OEM RSP (FD2/FN2) head

[​IMG]

In one piece

[​IMG]

Gearbox inspections, replaced some synchros, sleeves and hubs. Gearset is mint.

[​IMG]

Lubricant the poly bushings and install hardrace rear sway bar endlinks and bushings

[​IMG]

Paint the rear calipers and colour match the front

[​IMG]

15x8 +32, nothing fancy, will do the job for now tho

[​IMG]

Fitment seems spot on, will see when the wheel is on the ground and make adjustment when necessary

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Timing chain case back on the motor, so as the oil pan

[​IMG]

Manifold and other accessories on

[​IMG]

And a happy shot to end the day

[​IMG]

young_, ctag and XpL0d3r like this.
  14. mymmeryloss

Got my 3 week checkup after surgery today. Not feeling as good as i was expecting i would by now so i guess we will see

15. XpL0d3r

I've noticed that the altitude thing can be off if you have just opened snapchat. There are no weather sensors on the phone so the temp, etc is based on your location and gets temperature data from the Weather channel. Right from their website
    The answer to the question “How does snapchat know the temperature?” is simple. Snapchat has teamed up with the weather channel to allow snapchat users to add the temperature at the location in which the snap was taken. Snapchat sends the geograpic location of the snap to the weather channel and they calculate the temperature for the temperature filter to add the temperature to the snap."

The phone does probably have an altimeter, since it likely has GPS capabilities. But, just like when you first open your GPS, it takes a few mins to get your location accurately. I've seen the same wacky altitudes before.

mymmeryloss likes this.
  16. 96 DX Hatch

Yeah, I figured as much with the temp, didn't know GPS takes a bit to get adjusted though.

17. sophia J girl

sophia J girl New Member

How do I post in the forums?? I am new here and just trying to see if there is anyone local interested in buying our 1991 Honda Civic Hatchback DX. I wanted to try club members before anything else.

18. XpL0d3r

:welcome:

As per our site rules, you'll need to be a member for at least 30 days and have 30 posts.
    http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/thre...s-general-etiquette-updated-6-30-2015.142164/

Sorry about that.

19. 96 DX Hatch

Cleaned the couple of rooms
    Drove back down to Key Largo for the sunset
    Didn't work out how I wanted but that's life

Ep3po, XpL0d3r and ctag like this.
  20. ctag

It's going to be in the 60's and raining for the next week. I'm really stressing myself out by just wanting to get some work done on my car, but I probably won't have time until February :smackself

mymmeryloss likes this.

: chat