What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Got 3 hours of sleep last night. My girl had to go to the hospital. She's fine but she needs tubes in her ears. She doesn't have insurance so.. that's gonna be interesting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Dang :???: Fluid drainage issues? My little sister had a similar operation, didn't seem like a lot of fun.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dang :???: Fluid drainage issues? My little sister had a similar operation, didn't seem like a lot of fun.
Yep. I've had tube surgery probably 6 or 7 times. Had em since I was a baby. I had my right ear drum rupture when I was in middle school and had a tympanoplasty to patch it. Fun stuff. The issue is with the eustachian tubes. I've been meaning to look into some way to correct that.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That doesn't sound fun at all.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That doesn't sound fun at all.
I imagined the comedy drum thing with that

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Had dinner with a couple of friends and had a REALLY pretty waitress. Too bad she looked 18. I wanted to ask for her number but I couldn't get past the fact that she looked really young. It wouldn't have been an issue if I wasn't turning 30 next month......

Going to get my car tinted tomorrow and I'm super f**king excited. I've never had a tinted car before. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mom's graduation was today
Saw a girl who's in my exes sorority from Tallahassee, only been about 3 years and somehow we sat in same section

Then slept until almost 7 (3hrs of sleep before nap)
Just got back from a quick Keys drive
Ex called me about her Si, making a high-ish pitch noise when clutch isn't pressed
Got 3 hours of sleep last night. My girl had to go to the hospital. She's fine but she needs tubes in her ears. She doesn't have insurance so.. that's gonna be interesting.
Gross, had those twice when I was little

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't know how much I've talked about it here but my mom has dementia really bad.

She's constantly asking to go home, even though she's already at home. She'll cry and say her parents were supposed to come pick her up but they haven't showed up yet, but her parents both died over 15 years ago.

The s**t is rough man..

It's hard to keep her happy and comfortable when the things she wants can't possibly be obtained.

She doesn't remember me or any of my siblings. She doesn't know our names. She only remember my father (her husband) and he can simply step out of the room and in moments she's asking where he is.

f**k dementia.

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't know how much I've talked about it here but my mom has dementia really bad.

She's constantly asking to go home, even though she's already at home. She'll cry and say her parents were supposed to come pick her up but they haven't showed up yet, but her parents both died over 15 years ago.

The s**t is rough man..

It's hard to keep her happy and comfortable when the things she wants can't possibly be obtained.

She doesn't remember me or any of my siblings. She doesn't know our names. She only remember my father (her husband) and he can simply step out of the room and in moments she's asking where he is.

f**k dementia.

Geez, that sounds like living in a nightmare or something :???:

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Geez, that sounds like living in a nightmare or something :???:
Basically what it is. She has no grasp on reality so there's no way to be content if you're never understanding what's going on.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
30 and never had tint? wtf
My Civic was the first and only ever car I had before I bought the HR-V and I never bothered with tint because I didn't want to get pulled over all the time. I was a target as is with a modified Civic.

Where are you going for tint?
Lindsay's. All the car people said to go there.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

The s**t is rough man..

f**k dementia.
Sorry to hear dude. That's gotta be rough.

Lindsay's. All the car people said to go there.
For sure :thumbs up: I would have went there if I didn't convince Ziebart to do it for $50 (I was getting some other stuff done so they threw me a deal). It's not a bad job, but I've heard great things with Lindsay.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So I ended up getting my front windows done with 90% and with their tint meter, they were at 70. Eeeek. I swear if a shop reads the window at 69 and gives me s**t about that 1%, I'm gonna f**king lose it lol. I originally intended on getting the back doors/hatch done but the guy said they have a 90% which offers UV protection too, so I was like f**k it, why not. That's the main reason why I got tint anyways, was to make my car less like a sauna in the summer. Only paid $160 for 5 windows which really isn't bad at all. Since my car is a subcompact SUV, it doesn't have that extra rear window between the rear door and hatch, so they gave me a discount. Super f**king happy right now. I would take pictures but it's been raining all f**king day and it depresses me. I wanted to go out in a parking lot and take a look at my car from a distance.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
90%? or in other words, you have no tint.

Hopefully it offers better UV protection than light intrusion

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So I ended up getting my front windows done with 90% and with their tint meter, they were at 70. Eeeek. I swear if a shop reads the window at 69 and gives me s**t about that 1%, I'm gonna f**king lose it lol. I originally intended on getting the back doors/hatch done but the guy said they have a 90% which offers UV protection too, so I was like f**k it, why not. That's the main reason why I got tint anyways, was to make my car less like a sauna in the summer. Only paid $160 for 5 windows which really isn't bad at all. Since my car is a subcompact SUV, it doesn't have that extra rear window between the rear door and hatch, so they gave me a discount. Super f**king happy right now. I would take pictures but it's been raining all f**king day and it depresses me. I wanted to go out in a parking lot and take a look at my car from a distance.
90 percent? Can you tell much of a difference?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
90%? or in other words, you have no tint.

Hopefully it offers better UV protection than light intrusion
:lol: it's the only legal tint you can get for front windows in NYS right now. One of the workers at the tint shop said he put it on his moonroof last year and it made a really big difference in terms of blocking heat. That's the main goal for me, is to block more heat from coming in. I couldn't care less how dark it was. I just got the back dark as an added bonus because I've always really wanted a tinted car lol.

90 percent? Can you tell much of a difference?

90% tint on top of the factory tinted windows puts both front windows at allowing 70% light to come through. Can I physically see a difference? Yes. When I'm sitting in my seat and I look back and forth between the windshield and driver window, I can actually notice one window is slightly darker than the other. From the outside at a distance, you can't tell the window is tinted. But like I said, I'm more after the UV protection than actual light blocking.