What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Woo.. 5 days no posts..

Took the practice test for the firefighter agility test today. Glad I did, found out that the gloves that provide you with aren't worth s**t. Picked up my own pair of gloves and should be good to go tomorrow morning for the real test.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Yeah i looked here earlier then said f**k this place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Woo.. 5 days no posts..

Took the practice test for the firefighter agility test today. Glad I did, found out that the gloves that provide you with aren't worth s**t. Picked up my own pair of gloves and should be good to go tomorrow morning for the real test.
Good luck mang!

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Went and got 19 quarts of oil
In other words, 3 future oil changes for cost of 2
Went to Honda to get 3 filters & crush washers
Saw the new Hype-R, $56,000 Civic. What a f**king joke
Put the car up about 18" or so
Have the oil drained out of it
Installed the new upper VTEC solenoid gasket

Have to get some high temp grease tomorrow so I can replace my clutch master & slave.
No more oil leak (hopefully) & no more leaking clutch master.
Will finally be able to drive barefoot again & also not smell burning oil.

Dad wants to start tearing the Civic apart tomorrow as well
Probably going to go to the Cubs game instead. The Civic has been fine sitting by its lonesome for months, what's another day

Best of luck!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Finally got a call from work at 3:22 pm yesterday for a flight out to North Dakota on Saturday at 6:03 am.

Gotta meet up with steve to get that one stuff then change a filter on the thing that i dont really need but you guys know what i mean.

Then gona take a drive in this heat to get some stuff from the store for my 6:03 flight since its been awhile since ive flighted on a flight in an airplane flying thing.

Stressed on being gone and stuff. You know?

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Finally got a call from work at 3:22 pm yesterday for a flight out to North Dakota on Saturday at 6:03 am.

Gotta meet up with steve to get that one stuff then change a filter on the thing that i dont really need but you guys know what i mean.

Then gona take a drive in this heat to get some stuff from the store for my 6:03 flight since its been awhile since ive flighted on a flight in an airplane flying thing.

Stressed on being gone and stuff. You know?

Probably landed by now. How's it going?

I should mention I passed my agility test! I have two more interviews, and if I get picked I'll have to pass a psych evaluation and a polygraph test.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah on an airplane all day. At the shop for a few hours. Drive another couple hours to the man camp. Start unpacking and get a call saying I'm supposed to go work all night tonight.

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah on an airplane all day. At the shop for a few hours. Drive another couple hours to the man camp. Start unpacking and get a call saying I'm supposed to go work all night tonight.

They don't dilly dally.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They don't dilly dally.
Yeah and normally i would for the killer hours but since its my first day back after 6 months off and 2 surgeries and what not I didn't think it was best. So my first shift is tomorrow night.

Gonna take a nap then try to stay up until like 8 am and then sleep until 330 pm. It wont work out that way, but i can try.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
@Tig. Nice pick up! Looks real clean! Plans?

Also, the first major Type R accident has occurred. In Rochester! Owner of a Honda dealership kept this car for himself. He ended up hitting a deer, which is not surprising as I almost did on Saturday night myself. Poor car lol

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

Also, the first major Type R accident has occurred. In Rochester! Owner of a Honda dealership kept this car for himself. He ended up hitting a deer, which is not surprising as I almost did on Saturday night myself. Poor car lol

First thing is find a nice set of coilovers. I've heard a lot of good things about progress. Then full bolt ons, kpro, some rpf1s with meaty tires, and enjoy it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
First thing is find a nice set of coilovers. I've heard a lot of good things about progress. Then full bolt ons, kpro, some rpf1s with meaty tires, and enjoy it!

Progress are good, I was going to get those from Justin here on the CC store but they were backordered or something. So I ended up going with Tein, but I'm very satisfied with them. RPF1's looks good! But everyone and their mother has them on their RSX haha.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Replaced the clutch master
Replaced the clutch slave
Soaked & scrubbed 30 bolts
Removed timing chain tensioner
Checked to see if a part found in my pan was from it or previous one
Put the TCT back in
Put the oil pan back on
Put the cross-member back on
Put the new oil filter on
Put on the new gas cap I've had for almost a year in a bag
Cleaned up some of the undercarriage
Had my rear wheels checked, supposedly they're straight even though a different shop said they're bent. I don't even care at this point, I'll worry about that some other day.

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Progress are good, I was going to get those from Justin here on the CC store but they were backordered or something. So I ended up going with Tein, but I'm very satisfied with them. RPF1's looks good! But everyone and their mother has them on their RSX haha.
I was reading on clubrsx about how they are always backordered. Which teins did you go with? And you're right about the rpf1s lmao. But I don't even care, they look amazing on the rsx and not badly priced either.

I did have my check engine light come on last night. Hoping it's just the o2 sensor, I believe it's about time for it to be replaced. If I can find a damn paper clip I'll go check out the code when I get off work in the morning

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Now i know who runs the ig page

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I was reading on clubrsx about how they are always backordered. Which teins did you go with? And you're right about the rpf1s lmao. But I don't even care, they look amazing on the rsx and not badly priced either.

I did have my check engine light come on last night. Hoping it's just the o2 sensor, I believe it's about time for it to be replaced. If I can find a damn paper clip I'll go check out the code when I get off work in the morning

Yeah, a common issue with these cars is the gas cap CEL too. Seals around the caps are garbage. I always tighten it an extra click or two because I've had my CEL pop on 3-4 times related to the cap. I hope it's not an O2 sensor for your sake, or at least not the primary one... they're wideband and expensive to replace.

Now i know who runs the ig page
I'm surprised it took you that long ;)

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Invest in an OBD2 reader, I keep one under my seat to clear the gas cap/pipe code that comes around half tank.

But hoping that no longer happens as I finally put the new one on last night. I really don't want to have to replace the filler pipe.