mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Feeling that existential dread yet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Same s**t different day. I get it from home and work. Sad thing is I've only been here 9 days lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Had the polygraph this morning, 3 hours of being interrogated by a special agent at the GBI.

I passed the polygraph, meaning I told the truth and they know everything about me that they want to know.

Just waiting for an email to do the 4 hour psych eval next week.

Fingers crossed

Glad to hear it. Some students at my old college were fast tracked for NSA jobs, and give up on the third or fourth flight out to spend a day doing polygraph testing. s**t's ridiculous.

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Found glitter in my lawnmower's oil :cry:

I suck at calibrating my 3D printer and have been fighting with it all weekend :cry:

Went house hunting for an hour or so. I'm starting to get stir crazy living at my current place and am feeling the need to gtfo :cry:

But the weather outside was awesome this weekend :P

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm starting to get stir crazy living at my current place and am feeling the need to gtfo :cry:
Pretty much where I'm at right now, but going to finally (now that sunburn is gone) start getting back into the gym and also start working on my running tomorrow. Gotta get to where I can easily run 5mi/day +/- and when I'm comfortable with that, gotta pick up my FHP process. They have another deal in September that I'll probably show up to again just to get a couple questions answered to be sure I'm even still eligible.

If that works out, 6-7 months in Tallahassee for the academy
Then wherever they stick me. And I'm hoping it's not Miami, except for the abundance of overtime opportunity, but f**k this town. Over it. Almost over this state even.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Went to Six Flags and then Brantley Gilbert concert on Sunday. At Six flags (technically it's called Darien Lake), we were in line for the Superman for about an hour. Finally get up to the trains, about 2 or 3 more and we're on it. Girl in line next to us just passed out and dropped. While waiting for first aid, some woman comes over and gives her water, etc. First Aid gets there. Then, the woman who helped the girl who passed out... passed out herself! She was diabetic I guess. So now there's two people that this first aid woman is working with. Meanwhile no trains are running and the line is increasing. In line, two MORE people faint. So they closed the damn ride down. We were sooo close!

So concert time, we all get pretty shitty as per what you do at a country concert. Plenty of tailgating, shotgunning beers, shots of Fireball, flipcup, a redneck with a swastika tattoo, you name it. Concert is awesome. We're camping there so we're walking back to our camp site, and in the parking lot, we see this girl lying against a dumpster, pretty much out of it, HUGE gash on her knee. Definitely needs stitches. She's all alone. She said she was here with her bf but didn't know where he was at. She was coherent enough to give me his # so I called him up. He's on his way. He gets there, seems to not even care, and walks away again! We called first aid so now the bf is gone and first aid is getting her on a cart to get to the hospital. Come to find out, he bf pushed her down and left her there before the concert even started! She missed the entire thing and he just went in and enjoyed the music. About 10 minutes later I get a call from the bf wondering where everyone went. I chewed him out and said she was on her way to the hospital and that he was a shitty bf, and hung up on him. So other than that, it was a good time lol

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Got switchex from day shift to nights for my last 8 days of this hitch. Its 12:30 pm and I'm wide awake. Gonna be a long ass night

Slow y Low

5+ Year Member
Got dang
Went to Six Flags and then Brantley Gilbert concert on Sunday. At Six flags (technically it's called Darien Lake), we were in line for the Superman for about an hour. Finally get up to the trains, about 2 or 3 more and we're on it. Girl in line next to us just passed out and dropped. While waiting for first aid, some woman comes over and gives her water, etc. First Aid gets there. Then, the woman who helped the girl who passed out... passed out herself! She was diabetic I guess. So now there's two people that this first aid woman is working with. Meanwhile no trains are running and the line is increasing. In line, two MORE people faint. So they closed the damn ride down. We were sooo close!

So concert time, we all get pretty shitty as per what you do at a country concert. Plenty of tailgating, shotgunning beers, shots of Fireball, flipcup, a redneck with a swastika tattoo, you name it. Concert is awesome. We're camping there so we're walking back to our camp site, and in the parking lot, we see this girl lying against a dumpster, pretty much out of it, HUGE gash on her knee. Definitely needs stitches. She's all alone. She said she was here with her bf but didn't know where he was at. She was coherent enough to give me his # so I called him up. He's on his way. He gets there, seems to not even care, and walks away again! We called first aid so now the bf is gone and first aid is getting her on a cart to get to the hospital. Come to find out, he bf pushed her down and left her there before the concert even started! She missed the entire thing and he just went in and enjoyed the music. About 10 minutes later I get a call from the bf wondering where everyone went. I chewed him out and said she was on her way to the hospital and that he was a shitty bf, and hung up on him. So other than that, it was a good time lol
sounds like a pretty crazy time!! What a shitty bf, good thing you chomped him out! :thumbs up

Slow y Low

5+ Year Member
Basically degreased engine bay/cleaned the throttle body and imtake manifold.
  1. Took the fuel rail off and cleaned the injectors (180,000 miles)
  2. Adjusted the throttle cable. (Sorry, no image)
  3. Finished the drum brake that was trashed. Hardware that rusted failed to hold the shoes in.
  4. Took off the OEM air box and slapped on my old ass Spectre Air Filter.
Just a few tweaks because I was bored and it's was also my day off. All of it made quite a difference.

Then picked up my lady from work and went to eat some delicious Cajun food at Evangelene's Cafe :cool:

Attachments

Last edited:

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Drove an hour up to fix my exes window
Soaked a shoe & sock because she parked over a puddle
Pretty sure the regulator has stripped teeth or something so I just tightened the rail with window all the way up

She leaves Thursday for 2 weeks in Europe
Probably going to try actually fixing it and replacing a couple broken things I saw and clean it all up while she's away

Then my phone shut off, wouldn't turn back on even when plugged in

So run to Apple after and a soft reset later, it's like nothing happened

Then a buyer started contacting me so good timing on that fix. Took two hours to get home with traffic & weather. Still waiting on buyer, was coming from near that same area

I'm due for a beer

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Spent 80 minutes trying to replace one of those plastic plugs for my clutch interlock switch. f**k it, went to security office to get a paperclip to bypass it and I'll fix it tomorrow.

Also looked at a new house.
Best part being a 3-car garage.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Got the email yesterday, officially passed the polygraph and now I'm moving onto the psych eval. That's next Friday, the 11th, but my start date is the 14th (monday). Puts me in an odd situation with my current job.

Either way, the end is near. Found out I'm in the top 10 so I'll be going to EMT school for 8 weeks before fire fighter recruit school for 16 weeks.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Got the email yesterday, officially passed the polygraph and now I'm moving onto the psych eval. That's next Friday, the 11th, but my start date is the 14th (monday). Puts me in an odd situation with my current job.

Either way, the end is near. Found out I'm in the top 10 so I'll be going to EMT school for 8 weeks before fire fighter recruit school for 16 weeks.

So cool seeing your life journey opening up bro. Bet you're glad u quit smoking weed a few years ago huh?

Happy for you homie :thumbs up

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So cool seeing your life journey opening up bro. Bet you're glad u quit smoking weed a few years ago huh?

Happy for you homie :thumbs up

Thanks man! Super glad.

It's a tiny bit emotional but I've always felt like my past held me back, so I've carried that baggage with me ever since. So for me to pass that polygraph and be accepted after laying it all out on the table..

Feels good man.

But anyways, apparently this psych eval is supposed to take 9 hours overall. Gotta get some paperwork together for it but I've got a week and a day to prepare. Looking forward to it.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks man! Super glad.

It's a tiny bit emotional but I've always felt like my past held me back, so I've carried that baggage with me ever since. So for me to pass that polygraph and be accepted after laying it all out on the table..

Feels good man.

But anyways, apparently this psych eval is supposed to take 9 hours overall. Gotta get some paperwork together for it but I've got a week and a day to prepare. Looking forward to it.

Growing up is rough. Once you think u got it figured out, everything changes. Its f**ked up really.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Find hardtop far away
Find another one for a friend
Figure it'd be best to be able to split costs with someone and cover more ground in less time

First, friend backs out last night
So I write mine off today, f**k it

Tonight, he's back in and wants to go
So I check and finally have 25 new pics I asked for yesterday
Start talking and offer $3100 instead of his $3400 ask. "I'll think about it"

Motherfucker turns around and puts a fresh ad up now for $3500

I don't think he knows what a counter is.
Ugh, that's been my past 24hrs or so

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Find hardtop far away
Find another one for a friend
Figure it'd be best to be able to split costs with someone and cover more ground in less time

First, friend backs out last night
So I write mine off today, f**k it

Tonight, he's back in and wants to go
So I check and finally have 25 new pics I asked for yesterday
Start talking and offer $3100 instead of his $3400 ask. "I'll think about it"

Motherfucker turns around and puts a fresh ad up now for $3500

I don't think he knows what a counter is.
Ugh, that's been my past 24hrs or so