What are you doing / did you do today / CHAT THREAD

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My Civic started making bad noises during the drive to work today... I'm worried :???:

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Climbed the 100 ft ladder truck today. Pretty neat stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Took the pup and truck for a ride, sry no EG6 updates...

Sent from my boujea ass phone
How do you like the ss? Currently in between that or a srt8 as a daily

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Speaking of Trailblazer's, forgot to post that we got my dad's running again.
Had a collapsed lifter, that was fun.
Now just needs some new tires and figure out what is the issue with that POS 4L60E.

Went to court on Monday.
Got there almost 90 minutes early, just to be the first one up to the stand and done in 3 minutes.
Set it for trial, no clue when that'll be.

Been lazy as s**t with SEMA photos lately.
Got another one done today but still about 140+ to go through.

Haven't done much today, going to go for a drive here in about an hour.
Was supposed to go get some Camino parts today, but pushed it back to tomorrow.

11:30p - Screw that, it's 47° outside. No walk, no drive.
Also, just received my passing notice from the exam I took a few days ago.

Last edited:

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What kindof bad noises?
It's this high pitched whirring sound that's connected to engine rpm. At first I just thought it was the cold weather making the engine work harder to warm up, but now the sound persists even after the car's been running for a while. I'm starting to think it's a pulley going bad somewhere.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's this high pitched whirring sound that's connected to engine rpm. At first I just thought it was the cold weather making the engine work harder to warm up, but now the sound persists even after the car's been running for a while. I'm starting to think it's a pulley going bad somewhere.
My guess would be alternator or water pump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im working out in Oklahoma now. Definitely a nice place to spend the winter. Sounds like I’ll be back in Pennsylvania/Ohio again soon.

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
How do you like the ss? Currently in between that or a srt8 as a daily

I love it, awd plenty of power with tasteful mods and its an ls motor.. the srt looks nice but the aftermarket for mopar is tougher..

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My guess would be alternator or water pump
Thanks, that makes sense.

I opened the hood just now and listened to it, and can't for the life of me pinpoint where the sound is coming from.. It just emanates from the entire engine bay. I guess the next thing is to pull those belts and see if any of the pulleys are wobbly.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Srt8. Way better.

That’s what I’m thinking but the ss is quite a bit cheaper

Im working out in Oklahoma now. Definitely a nice place to spend the winter. Sounds like I’ll be back in Pennsylvania/Ohio again soon.
f**k pa and this Cold and snow bullshit. And this state is boring as you had seen

I love it, awd plenty of power with tasteful mods and its an ls motor.. the srt looks nice but the aftermarket for mopar is tougher..

I’m still stuck. The aftermarket isn’t too bad, But I️t does cost a little bit more. A built trans is 5k instead of 3k. I️ have no clue wtf I’m doing. I️ just know I️ gotta be faster than her x5m in the garage

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks, that makes sense.

I opened the hood just now and listened to it, and can't for the life of me pinpoint where the sound is coming from.. It just emanates from the entire engine bay. I guess the next thing is to pull those belts and see if any of the pulleys are wobbly.
Do yourself a favor and go to harbor freight, get a mechanics stethoscope. Makes life much easier

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

I’m still stuck. The aftermarket isn’t too bad, But I️t does cost a little bit more. A built trans is 5k instead of 3k. I️ have no clue wtf I’m doing. I️ just know I️ gotta be faster than her x5m in the garage

All I’ll be doing is working out there bro

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP

Tasteful bolt ons and a tune im @480 crank, its plenty to get all 4 sideways in tje wet but hooks. No cam or stall yet but sounds nastyhttp://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5a330fd14589f/20170128_120140_001_001.mp4

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tasteful bolt ons and a tune im @480 crank, its plenty to get all 4 sideways in tje wet but hooks. No cam or stall yet but sounds nastyhttp://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5a330fd14589f/20170128_120140_001_001.mp4

I’ll have to see what pops up, I’ll probably go srt8 since I’ve always liked them. Eh I’d get walked hard at 480 crank. X5m stock is 555 crank and I️t may be getting catless downpipes and a tune here soon so that will be closer to 550whp. Somehow the woman has all the fast stuff

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
That's when the bubble comes out, i dont like gettin beat lol. Truck is just a fun DD which is just weekends usually as i have a company van for work.