What CAI can fit my 94 civic with a b20 swap?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is this a joke? Get the one that fits your model motor? Really? You needed to make a thread for this?

In the future, you might at least want to let people know what exact motor you are working with. That should be the absolute first thing before you hit the send button. AFTER SEARCHING that is.

ej8_st

Is this a joke? Get the one that fits your model motor? Really? You needed to make a thread for this?

In the future, you might at least want to let people know what exact motor you are working with. That should be the absolute first thing before you hit the send button. AFTER SEARCHING that is.
it says right there that i have a b20 swap....are you blind?

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just type "b20 cold air intake" into google and go shopping. Get an eBay pipe and k&n filter.

/thread.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There is over 10 different types of b20 engines genius. Nice try though.

Again. Might want to say what model you actually have if you really want help. My guess is that you are going to have to actually search because most people skip over these threads as they are asked way too much and they are tired of answering the same thing over and over again.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Worst yet, the same intake fits on like 95% of d and b series swaps. At most you may have to tweak some things around, but they are all almost the same either way.

Tegyb20b

Again. Might want to say what model you actually have if you really want help. My guess is that you are going to have to actually search because most people skip over these threads as they are asked way too much and they are tired of answering the same thing over and over again.
You might want to know what you are talking about be for you reply to a post. There are only four different b20 including JDM. The only difference you will have is if it a high or low intake manifold. D series might work. But you better off with a b18 ls. If you have a high mount intake manifold. Or a b18 Gsr if you have a low mount intake. But you still might have to mod. cuz like you said its a swap. B series are not a stock engine in the civic. So there for your going to have to use your imagination. Note: b18 ls is the same as a b20 the only difference really is the bore.

CO671

Registered VIP

ARE YOU BLIND? He's not asking you what motor you have, he's telling you to use Google because it's such a simple question.

LIKE THIS

BOOOM

Please calm down and help lethal, I understand you're infuriated but you don't need to be flaming so quickly on these members. Just simply say search no need to show any :evil::evil::evil::evil:

You might want to know what you are talking about be for you reply to a post. There are only four different b20 including JDM. The only difference you will have is if it a high or low intake manifold. D series might work. But you better off with a b18 ls. If you have a high mount intake manifold. Or a b18 Gsr if you have a low mount intake. But you still might have to mod. cuz like you said its a swap. B series are not a stock engine in the civic. So there for your going to have to use your imagination. Note: b18 ls is the same as a b20 the only difference really is the bore.
@Tegyb20b

YOU MIGHT WANT TO KNOW .. What YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT BEFORE you reply to a post.

-There are either the B20B which is from 96-98 (CRV,Orthia, Stepwgn, S-MX) or B20Z2 which are from 99-01 CRV's or Orthias (stamped B20B).
-The 96-98 B20B has a tall intake manifold, the 99-01 B20Z2 has a short intake manifold, which you mentioned. Good.
-B series are stock in 96-00 generation: (EM1 SI's), JDM SiR Ferio's, EDM VTI's, PDM SiR's, CDM SiR's, other , CTR's. Aerodecks and 5door hatches too.
-Yes, the b18 and b20 are the same, just the 84mm as opposed to 81mm bore. you got the right. Good.

B20B tall on left, B20Z short on right (B20Z is same height as B18's intake manifold)

-There's not only the B20B and B20Z, but the B20A's found in (80's-early 90's): Preludes, Accords, and (Acura) Vigors.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Please calm down and help lethal, I understand you're infuriated but you don't need to be flaming so quickly on these members. Just simply say search no need to show any :evil::evil::evil::evil:
I did in my first post. After he came with the douche response, that is when I responded in kind.

@Tegyb20b

YOU MIGHT WANT TO KNOW .. What YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT BEFORE you reply to a post.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for this reply. This pic right here proves my point and that isn't even the full amount of them. Saves me the leg work. :lol:

Looks like a lot more than 4 eh?

Tegyb20b

My bad totally for got about the si civics. An in talking about the 5 th gen. But it really don't matter cuz cai from one gen to the next are all about the the same. Just dumb on my part I know a lot of models a
Have b is Japan. an I was only talking about civic cuz he need an intake that Will work for what he has. But all of that is really irrelevant. But the question was what intake will work for him. an all that matters is what intake manifold is on his engine.

New to the honda game but not that noob. An noob to the form. But I'm happy some of you proved me wrong. Cuz most of the post I look at are not helpful. Maybe I should go back to mitsu : ) lol

But I'm sorry for some of my misleading information

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
My bad totally for got about the si civics. An in talking about the 5 th gen. But it really don't matter cuz cai from one gen to the next are all about the the same. Just dumb on my part I know a lot of models a
Have b is Japan. an I was only talking about civic cuz he need an intake that Will work for what he has. But all of that is really irrelevant. But the question was what intake will work for him. an all that matters is what intake manifold is on his engine.

New to the honda game but not that noob. An noob to the form. But I'm happy some of you proved me wrong. Cuz most of the post I look at are not helpful. Maybe I should go back to mitsu : ) lol

4g63>b series we are all fully aware lol

ALSO, in all fairness we know which B20 he was talking about. The B20A series it in no way related to the B20b. Even the various B20A engines are very similar given the same head (SOHC and DOHC). They have different block stamps for whichever country the vehicle was sold it, as it was probably modified slightly to meet the different emissions from country to country, and that is usually just using a different kind of catalytic converter or exhaust mods/EGR etc. Sooooo...

B20A/A2/A5/A6/A7/A9 (DOHC)
B20A3/A4(SOHC)
B20b(low compression high intake manifold)
B20z (high compression low intake manifold)
B20b (9.2:1 compression w/p8r head-this is the most sought after one)

I don't remember a fourth B20b- I don't recall there being a high compression one with a high rise intake manifold

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My bad totally for got about the si civics. An in talking about the 5 th gen.
I purposely left out the 5th gens that have B series motors just to see what you would say or if you would research before responding. 5th gens have B series motors in stock form as well. Like you mentioned, the intake manifold will dictate the intake pipe but that's about it. Trying to tell everyone to know what they're talking about before posting is almost always going to triggered heated responses. Clubcivic is like the nicest forum around. So nice that a thread was created dedicated to talking s**t, and it's not even real hate in there lol

Tegyb20b

4g63>b series we are all fully aware lol

ALSO, in all fairness we know which B20 he was talking about. The B20A series it in no way related to the B20b. Even the various B20A engines are very similar given the same head (SOHC and DOHC). They have different block stamps for whichever country the vehicle was sold it, as it was probably modified slightly to meet the different emissions from country to country, and that is usually just using a different kind of catalytic converter or exhaust mods/EGR etc. Sooooo...

B20A/A2/A5/A6/A7/A9 (DOHC)
B20A3/A4(SOHC)
B20b(low compression high intake manifold)
B20z (high compression low intake manifold)
B20b (9.2:1 compression w/p8r head-this is the most sought after one)

I don't remember a fourth B20b- I don't recall there being a high compression one with a high rise intake manifold

There a b20b with the p75 head with a high intake manifold. With 9.6.1 compression. But the only way to tell is if it has a knock sensor. But your rite the p8r is the one everyone want. It has lower compression than the p75 high compression. But I'm sure you already know the p8r head has bigger valves. An make a little more power than the high comp. p75 head.

But again sorry for my info. I've done a lot of home work my self. but I blame some of the it on my resources that I've came across or just haven't been in full detail. So I my self have been misinformed. There's no hate.

CO671

Registered VIP

Yeah my bad on my part too, I forgot this is the 5th gen section and not the 6th.
I'm glad you had good info though so I respect you for that!

Anywho, enough of this.
For future reference to anybody asking this same question here are some answers:

I BELIEVE. As long as the TB (throttle body) inlet diameter is 60mm, (unless your throttle body isn't 60mm on your setup) Then any B16/B18 Integra/Civic CAI should fit.
USDM SI 99-00 , USDM GSR's 94-01, USDM LS/RS 94-01 fall under that category

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There's always couplers with staggered sizes. (not the best performance option) But it's better than an open throttle body

ej8_st

yeah like because all "10" of those b20's are so different that a cai won't fit all of them. don't try to be a smartass. 98 b20b... is there a huge difference?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah like because all "10" of those b20's are so different that a cai won't fit all of them. don't try to be a smartass. 98 b20b... is there a huge difference?
Some have different intake manifolds therefore need a different piping or coupler. This was covered by someone up above had you taken the time to read through instead of wasting your breath failing to call me out again.

You do realize you could have saved a week and already had one to your door and on the car had you googled b20b cai in the first place? Or are you waiting for someone to do the work for you and post a link?