What cars have rims that will work on a 2000 Civic EX Coupe?

80sDweeb

Respected
5+ Year Member
I know, noob question. My son just picked up a 2000 Civic EX Coupe (totally stock), and it has pretty nice snow tires on the stock steel rims, so I'd like him to get some other rims for summer tires, so he doesn't wear out the snows.

It would be a big help if I had a better idea which cars I could use rims from, on his stock Civic. Would 2001-up Civic work? Or should I stick to EK? What about other popular cars, like Nissan, Toyota, any of them have rims that might fit? I'd like to be able to check Craigslist and if I spot a bargain I can hop on them and know they'll fit, rather than run all over town wasting my time for stuff that's not going to work, or worse yet, "sort of" fit but cause him problems.

Thanks for any help you can offer. I have to say I'm a little jealous, as I'm sure this Honda will be great fun to drive, and I've just got a '96 Camry (at least it's a 5 speed...)

Scott in Brighton NY

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Most anything Honda/Acura that's 4x100 and 14" or larger. Common OEM upgrades would be something off of an Integra or Civic Si.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
4X100 is the bolt pattern, so anything that is that bolt pattern should theoretically work. Some manufacturer's may use different offsets but most hover around the same. I had some Honda Fit wheels on mine and I think they looked great. Was an OEM upgrade to a newer model car but still fit the old civic just fine.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's the center bore you will have issues with. Stick with oem wheels.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
A few I can name off the top of my head

Integra ls - ls mesh wheels
Integra gsr -gsr blades
integra gsr- fat fives
civic si 99-00- si blades
civic hx 96-00 - hx wheels (made by enkei and 14x6.5 I believe)
honda fit wheels
Mazda miata wheels (I'm not sure which year fits)

I think all the Integra wheels are 15in wheels, civic si blades are 15 in and I think the miata wheels are 14in, also not sure but I think the fit wheels are 15 or 16in

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civic hx 96-00 - hx wheels (made by enkei and 14x6.5 I believe)
Hx wheels will not clear the Ex brakes, you'll need to shave the caliper to fit or use a 5mm spacer.

Miata wheels, you'll have to have the center bored out to fit the Civic.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hx wheels will not clear the Ex brakes, you'll need to shave the caliper to fit or use a 5mm spacer.

Miata wheels, you'll have to have the center bored out to fit the Civic.
my bad i forgot about hx wheels not fitting without minor mods like shaving the brake caliper bracket or adding a small spacer. i didnt know much about the miata wheels, i just know i have seen people run them

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my bad i forgot about hx wheels not fitting without minor mods like shaving the brake caliper bracket or adding a small spacer.
Most don't know that until AFTER they get the wheels to try and fit on their Ex, Si or Integra.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Most don't know that until AFTER they get the wheels to try and fit on their Ex, Si or Integra.
thanks. I'd been looking for some HX wheels myself, and didn't even think about the EX calipers being a little larger than the other models.

80sDweeb

Respected
5+ Year Member
Thanks, everyone, this gives me the info I need to help my son make an informed budget purchase off Craigslist.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Whoa you're from Penfield/Brighton. I'm in Rochester (Gates/Chili technically), went to RIT. Do you go to the log cabin in Macedon on Wednesdays? @80sDweeb

Sorry for the thread jack. :lol:

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Anything with a 4x100 bolt pattern, 56.1 center bore, and a +40 offset will fit your Ex without any issue.
That's generally the stock specs for many of the OEM Honda wheels.