what chip? IACV Code

Krueger

Zach
Hey guys, I have a p72 ecu with a jun racing chip. It throws the idle air control valve code. Anyway I was wondering what chip would be good to use. I have a d16y8 non vtec with exhaust and intake. Otherwise its stock. Let me know guys

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
D16y8 is vtec.

Those chips are garbage, as they tend to do more damage than good... Did you have the code before the chip? Anywho, make sure the IACV is plugged in, wires and plug are not damaged.. and then clean it. I have before/after pictures of cleaning mine..

Before:

After:

Give er a try!

Krueger

Zach
correct d16y8 is vtec, however, i think somebody did a head swap to mine because it is non vtec..

Also can i just run the p72 with no chip in it without problems? that is if it doesnt throw that code or i can fix it?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You're positive it's non-vtec, right?

A P72 is from a GSR, which will cause you all kinds of problems since that's a vtec ECU. Not only that, but the IACV has different pinouts, which may be the reason for your code. If you're SURE you don't have vtec, you'll need a P2E

Krueger

Zach
I have the stock p2e in it now. and yes its a non vtec head.

I was told if i chipped the p72 i would be able to use it

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Unless vtec was disabled and the pinouts for IACV were fixed, then no it will not work, I don't believe.

If you have the stock P2E in there now and it's giving you IACV code, definitely clean it out and see how it runs.