What is best turbo and motor build for my 2000 civic si

Mas0n

Hi i have a 2000 civic si with 130k miles and is burning oil. So i have another si motor from when my step dad wrecked his si a couple years ago and its been sitting in the garage since. The cam gears are busted and belt, and has 63k miles. I was wanting to build this motor and was just wondering what would be the best turbo set up for it. Also im not really familiar with turbos but my buddy said he has a stage 3 in his 07 si and that thing is nuts. I was looking for a decently sized turbo, stage 2? And just want to know if i need a whole turbo kit like inter cooler, hoses, stuff like that or just the basics. And what internals done like rods, injectors, things recommended. Any help much appreciated :lol:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Gt35

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what are you goals? after you figure out your goals then you need to set a budget for the build, then from there you can choose a turbo. the turbo size depends on what you want, do you want quick spool but low hp or quick spool with a decent amount of power like 350hp or are you looking for racer status like 500hp? with something that supports 500hp its not going to spool until probably 5000rpm and it wont make full boost until later. i have a garrett t3/t4 super 60 on my 96 civic hx d16 and im making 166hp 149tq right now on 7psi and i will be increasing it to about 10psi in a couple months and im hoping for 220hp. the super 60 is capable of 280-320hp and i start spooling at 3400rpm and make full boost by 4200rpm

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Disco potato

Mas0n

what are you goals? after you figure out your goals then you need to set a budget for the build, then from there you can choose a turbo. the turbo size depends on what you want, do you want quick spool but low hp or quick spool with a decent amount of power like 350hp or are you looking for racer status like 500hp? with something that supports 500hp its not going to spool until probably 5000rpm and it wont make full boost until later. i have a garrett t3/t4 super 60 on my 96 civic hx d16 and im making 166hp 149tq right now on 7psi and i will be increasing it to about 10psi in a couple months and im hoping for 220hp. the super 60 is capable of 280-320hp and i start spooling at 3400rpm and make full boost by 4200rpm
My budget is probably around 2-3g and im not looking for a ridiculous amount of hp probably around 220-260 somewhere around there

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
2 to 3 g for turbo and rebuild ohh my. Ive never heatd of hondas in stages. Leave that to subi guys. Rule one dont go buying cheap parts to save money. Motto cheap fast reliable pick 2. With whqt you want i would go with a gt28 turbo.

Mas0n

2 to 3 g for turbo and rebuild ohh my. Ive never heatd of hondas in stages. Leave that to subi guys. Rule one dont go buying cheap parts to save money. Motto cheap fast reliable pick 2. With whqt you want i would go with a gt28 turbo.
im not looking for a full rebuild, the motor is fine just beside cam gears and belt. im just saying for the bare minimum to support a turbo

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Can run stock block on low boost with a good tune start pricing out turbos. You also need some type of engine management

emerican

Registered VIP
the bare minimum needed to support it shouldnt be a statment when talking about a turbo build. IMO
if you cheap out on the wrong parts no more motor the parts would be alot cheaper.
Also what are you going to tune it on and whose going to tune it the backbone of a turbo build is the tune you can have every baller part in the world no tune or s***ty tune and it either wont run will mess something up or run horribly
replace the things that need to be replaced on the motor
arp bolts
the bottom end should be fine at those goals
injector size or your choice
walboro 190 or 255 fuel pump
fuel rail and fpr
and then everything else that goes along with a turbo build that list is just scratching the surface dosent even really get into the turbo kit.
Then the program or way you are going to tune it and the tuner whoes doing it

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the bare minimum needed to support it shouldnt be a statment when talking about a turbo build. IMO
if you cheap out on the wrong parts no more motor the parts would be alot cheaper.
Also what are you going to tune it on and whose going to tune it the backbone of a turbo build is the tune you can have every baller part in the world no tune or s***ty tune and it either wont run will mess something up or run horribly
replace the things that need to be replaced on the motor
arp bolts
the bottom end should be fine at those goals
injector size or your choice
walboro 190 or 255 fuel pump
fuel rail and fpr
and then everything else that goes along with a turbo build that list is just scratching the surface dosent even really get into the turbo kit.
Then the program or way you are going to tune it and the tuner whoes doing it
Why does everyone recommend fuel rails and fuel pressure regulators?no need for either under 400hp as there just a waste of money and basically for looks, there is no need to adjust fuel pressure.

To the op idk what a stock b16 block will hold but I'm assuming it should take anything under 300hp if a d16 stock block can take 220hp,you might want to look into this to see if you need rods or pistons.

That's the third useless post in this thread by you, do you ever post anything usefull?

emerican

Registered VIP
^ people recomend the way they would build cars for the goals and budget the way i would do it is different from the way you would do it, but that dosent mean its wrong.

theres no reason to try and call somebody out for useless posts he didnt flame him he didnt go off topic he didnt say anything mean. All he did was agree with the poster above him.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's the third useless post in this thread by you, do you ever post anything usefull?
Really?

My first two posts were names of great highly recommended turbos...

:ban:

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Really?

My first two posts were names of great highly recommended turbos...

:ban:
You simply stated a turbo, you didn't ask what his goals were or even list the specs or price of said turbos. If his budget is 2-3g for a setup a disco potato is probably out of his price range for one part of the whole build.

That's like me coming in and saying Garrett..... And nothing more which would be of no help

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
14b with a cast manifold
ebay intercooler and piping
440+ injectors
walboro 255
chipped p28
obd2b to obd1 swap
new tbelt/cam gears
find a dyno and tuner

could be sub 1800 bucks if you look hard enough and shop correctly

CIVIC_VTEC

LOW AND SLOW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
look into turbonetics... they are flawless and less of the wallet yanker. on the other hand blood88shot is corect, go with the ebay turbo pipping... i mean it is pipping for sake. p28 are really good computers too use. and maybe if you have about 800- 1400 bucks left look into a ems if you plan on going big. Engine Managment System. esspecially the apexi ones, fully tuneable from your laptop too!