AUTOZONE distributor opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehukoa

I got a distributor from auto zone, and the only thing right now stopping my car from starting is the distributor not doing its job properly. I made a post earlier but the guy who replied was mean and i don't want to take advice from jerks. SO he said that the distributor was bad. I bought the thing new. If that not the problem, i have a good idea what it could be: the wiring. SO could someone help me find the location as to what the wire do on the distributor and if I'm supposed to get volts of any coming from them? AND PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BE NICE, I hate getting a jerk responding to me thinking i don't know ANYTHING, even if i don't. at least ACT nice jeezz...

Last edited:

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Assuming you checked the main relay correctly.....

Ditch that shitty dizzy and get an OEM one
Line that timing up dead on
Put good gas in it

report back

Ehukoa

I actually replaced the whole main relay

Also whats a dizzy?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Ehukoa

Oh yeah i replaced that too. ALSO I looked at the wiring again...they aint getting any electricity...

The distributor isnt getting electricity that is. But Thank you for your input, I appreciate that.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Oh yeah i replaced that too. ALSO I looked at the wiring again...they aint getting any electricity...

Yes you replaced it with a shitty autozone one which is proven to perform like s**t on a Honda, which is why I said to get a good OEM one.

Did you check the coil or the ICM? Is it throwing any codes?

Ehukoa

Im sorry im saying i checked the wiring already in the car, not the wire plugs on the distributor...and the CAR ORIGINAL wires...the ORIGINAL wires have no electricity...sorry

Ehukoa

I dont have any code reader sorry...But yes the distributor probabley is s**t...but its didnt even get to perform yet because somewhere down my wiring theres no electricity going to the distrobutor T^T

Ehukoa

I went to the wires before it gets to the distrobutor and I aint gettin anything

Ehukoa

Yeah I got one of the books (Chilton) with the wiring and I follwed the wires from the distributor to the plug thats right before it goes into the cockpit area and the wires leading to the distributor are not giving me any electricity...but the other wires are fine....strangely I ALSO USED A TEST LIGHT I almost forgot to mention

Ehukoa

Yeah, its the black and yellow one according to the book...Im not getting any power through that cord sadly...

Ehukoa

Yeap

BUT i check the ignition swith and it was giving power....when i put the key to on

Ehukoa

YEAP that is it. I hope someone could help me find the exact placement for where the wires are...because that car was a mess when i went to look at it

Status
Not open for further replies.