1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

what is the different btw civic FD1 and FD2?

Discussion in 'Tech Archive (No Posting)' started by jamest, Jun 6, 2009.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. jamest

jamest New Member 5+ Year Member

Hi,

I would like to know what is the different btw civic FD1 and FD2?

2. FBP Emerican

FBP Emerican New Member 5+ Year Member

an FD1 is slower, and not as sporty as a FD2. If I recall FD2's are Type-Rs. FD1 has a smaller, less powerful engine, while the FD2 has a bigger engine, spoiler, different wheels, and different interior.

If you're looking to purchase one I would defiently look at both before making a decision.

3. xmariusx

xmariusx New Member 5+ Year Member

Here is what I found on Honda Tech

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1928390
    Geez man The only engines that are available in most of the world is the R18 and the K20. Now in europe, they also get the N series and the L Series Engines.

As with the Chassis, They are made for sale in Japan. FD1 is equipped with the R series engines and The FD2 is equipped with the K20. They are both sedans.

4. mymmeryloss

mymmeryloss RHD is where its at Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

8th genners...
    lol