what jump harness do i need? ( y8 boosted, auto to manual too )

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what obd harness do i need? ( y8 boosted, auto to manual too )

So what would I need? I'm gonna be getting a p28 with s300 hondata. Running a d16y8 turbo'd ( or will be ). This is my first build and I am yet a noob. What jumper harness do I need?

Note : at the time of doing this I am converting from an auto to manual. It is a '00 EX coupe.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you need a obd1-obd2b harness

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ahh. alright.

Thanks for the help!

One last question : so it doesn't matter which way you go it's the same thing? like obd1 -> obd2b is the same as obd2b->obd1. Because it looks like both ends are female.

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
read the description!

Description:
An obd2 to obd1 jumper harness is a plug & play harness which allows you to run an obd1 engine computer in your obd2 vehicle without any wiring!

ghettoturbo

5+ Year Member
Keep in mind that you will still need to do additional wiring to convert from auto to manual, the ecu conversion harness itself will not accomplish that.

-Jay

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Is that another harness or do I have to wire something myself for that? Also, isn't that harness for manual? Sorry I"m not sure where the other wiring is needed... :/

ghettoturbo

5+ Year Member
Is that another harness or do I have to wire something myself for that? Also, isn't that harness for manual? Sorry I"m not sure where the other wiring is needed... :/
You would have to wire it yourself, there are a few things that need to be done with the wiring that used to go to the automatic shifter as well as the reverse light switch. Also, you may need to convert to a 2 Idle Air Control Valve if yours is a 3 wire.

-Jay

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok, ok. Well I do have a manual intake manifold. But do I necessarily need that if I just rewire it? Could I just rewire it and put on the manual Throttle Body?

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
manual intake manifold setup: IACV is 2-wire and is on the intake manifold
auto intake manifold setup: IACV is a 3-wire and is on the throttle body

are you saying you already have a manual intake manifold installed? or you have one ready for the swap?

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea I've done the tranny and the pedal assembly and some stuff but haven't done anything with the manifold yet...

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well you can keep your auto manifold and throttle body if you want, just have to do some wiring on the ecu harness