What kind of headlights are good

ziggyboo84

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I jsut bought the halo projection headlights of e bay when you go on e bay and just type in halo projection had lights you will find them they were aroudn 200$ and they jsut sux ass form mee both of my projections bulbs blew up after the first month and i jsut sold the light cuz i could find anyone that sell the bulbs so if anyone can give a a web page of some good at projection lights that dont blow up lol that be cool!!!! I ahve them wiht gunmetal in the back and my halo cyrcle worked fine and the bulbs keep overheating! I know it could be nothing wrong wiht the wiering cuz it was jsut a plug in form the oem!!! I dunno well if ya can help me out on some mean looking headlight that be cool and i will post some picks of my civic soon is getting a pisnt job right now i got a body kit put on!!!!

EM1_ProJect

Yeah...it's boosted
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
stock headlights are your best best imo

EM1_ProJect

Yeah...it's boosted
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dunno about 7th gen...but 6th gen projectors SUCK, besides looks wise...then they are cool. but they arent bright for s**t, you cant even see the f**kin road a foot in front of you ::sigh:: what were they thinking with the production of those.

civicvtec1ps

7thgencivic.com Mod
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Stock headlights the best . Dont bother with projectors. unless you have money to do HID conversion.
Just take apart stock headlights and paint them. I did mine and looked nice.

ziggyboo84

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey man you totaly right aobut the sight when i had my projector on man the sight was crapy as hell i guess i'm jsut stickint got stock light!!! what do you think aobut the hid bulbs they sell for the stock light are they any good????

EM1_ProJect

Yeah...it's boosted
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my brother had projectors for his 00 civic ex and they sucked. i was gonna get them because they looked nice but i got some Ion Blue coated headlights (as seen in my sig) because they are the same design as the stock ones...use the same bulbs, etc. they are illegal for road useage...but no tickets/warnings yet.

ziggyboo84

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think i might just paint my black and maybe change to a stronger bulb that aobut it

2k2civicex5spd

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ummm i have TYC's are they rock. Light output is better than my stock, don't know why you guys hate it.

SlammedBlueEM2

Brunettes > Blondes
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by 2k2civicex5spd
ummm i have TYC's are they rock. Light output is better than my stock, don't know why you guys hate it.
1. The light output of the TYC projectors aren't even concentrated on the ground. It looks like someone put two flashlights in the headlight casing that aim down at the ground.

2. The distance is one 3rd of the stock headlight's distance (if you're using stock bulbs or bulbs that produce more lumens over stock). Put extreme white bulbs in the stock headlights and you pretty much have TYC's distance which is a mere 3-4 yards.

3. TYC's quality is crap. They fog horribly, just like their Altezzas.

Yet another example of fashion over function. Don't they call them "Elegante" or something? Elegance and quality don't mix when it comes to TYC.

Just like APC, you can't spell "crap" without APC, and you can't spell "tacky" without TYC.

SlammedBlueEM2

Brunettes > Blondes
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by ziggyboo84
i think i might just paint my black and maybe change to a stronger bulb that aobut it
If you're looking for a brighter bulb, the Phillips Vision Plus is your best bet.

ziggyboo84

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hehehe i like you crap and tacky spelling i'm gonna have to find those phillips vision i dont think i saw them around here anywhere!!! You got a web site i can check them out at?????