What kind of intake?

mis7778

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi Everyone,
I know that I am going to sound dumb but, here goes.. My husband is currently deployed in Iraq and he had me order the AEM version 2 cold air intake so, I got the parts and I just had it installed and I emailed him the pic and he said that he thinks that is the wrong intake that is a short one and not the Version 2, could anyone help by looking at the pic? Thanks so much..
Missy

Rick James

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well first of :welcome:
It looks like its a V2 and i thought those were only CAI. But that does look kinda short.
But ti thought they only came in cold so im not sure.
You should post more pics of your car for us

x0supermonkey0x

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:welcome: .. yeah thats a short ram intake.. i think he wanted a cold air...

short ram is smaller and the filter is visable and right next to the engine..

cold air is longer... and the V2 is a 2 piece and the filter is lower and farther away from the engine

peace
Saad

Rick James

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by x0supermonkey0x
:welcome: .. yeah thats a short ram intake.. i think he wanted a cold air...

short ram is smaller and the filter is visable and right next to the engine..

cold air is longer... and the V2 is a 2 piece and the filter is lower and farther away from the engine

peace
Saad
i thought that the only V2 they made was a CAI
Have they always mad a short one too

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I thought the V2 only came in cold-air too. That is definitely a short-ram. How much did you pay and from where?

2k2civicex5spd

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah its called a COLD AIR INTAKE............... where in kentucky are you from????? HOPKINSVILLE???? my dad deployed to iraq last week............. for the third time.

Eg_Project

HiGH TiLL i DiE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats a short ram....WTF i thought AEM V2's are cold air

civicvtec1ps

7thgencivic.com Mod
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
When AEM designed v2 for 7thgen civics. They realized second piping for cold air intake wouldnt clear, So they left it as SRI. You got the right intake.

SlammedBlueEM2

Brunettes > Blondes
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by civicvtec1ps
When AEM designed v2 for 7thgen civics. They realized second piping for cold air intake wouldnt clear, So they left it as SRI. You got the right intake.
Makes sense. Because the original CAI's fitment is so tight (when it goes down to the bumper) a V2 would not work what-so-ever. If he really wants a CAI, I'd say get the original CAI by AEM.

blaklyte

-Nothin' Last Forever-
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You could return this one and order the real CAI. It is not a big deal, juste return it!!!!

SlammedBlueEM2

Brunettes > Blondes
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm gonna make a guess since I can't see the tranny that well - it's an auto. ;)

Cyps

Thats my real name.
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks for the response... if it is an automatic, thats what i want my engine bay to look like, but cleaner.

HomeGrown

Listen to Static Lullaby
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It doesnt look like there is anymore room. So that has to be the right one.

SlammedBlueEM2

Brunettes > Blondes
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Cyps
thanks for the response... if it is an automatic, thats what i want my engine bay to look like, but cleaner.
Whether it's a manual or an automatic, it's pretty much going to look like that. The intake between auto and manual is the same, but there are different transmission groundings under the stock box that have to be replaced when installing a CAI and they are probably different between auto and manual.