what profile tyres should i use on 16s and 15s on a civic 2000

mubashir97

bought 16inch and 15inch rims for my civic 2000 , but i dont know what profile tyres should i use...
should i use 45 profile tyres with 16inch rims ? and should i use 55 profile tyres on a 15inch rims ?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You'd be fine with those, but depending on how nice your roads are or aren't, 45 is borderline low profile. If you're not lowered you can get a thicker tire and get a more comfortable ride. I had 45's on my slammed Civic with 16's and had no problems. My stock height RSX currently has 55 on stock 16's, and 50 on the S2k wheels (17").

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i use 195/50/15, most people run 50 series if they are slammed, my car is dumped and i dont rub at all unless i go at to much of an angle and it forces my tire into my fender

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^ to his point I run 195/55/15 and I rub at 85% turning radius... lowered on yellows and S-techs... if that gives you any idea.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i use 195/50/15, most people run 50 series if they are slammed
:?::?::?: Most people with slammed cars do not use a 50 series tire because typically it is a big thick and harder to make it fit without rubbing issues.

the profile of the tire needed is based off of the width of the wheel and tire since the profile is a percentage of the overall treadwidth. With people using wheels ranging from a 5.5" wide to 9", giving a generic answer of 50 or 45 is pretty useless info.

dannyhoo

I use 205 / 40 r17 and yes I rub but I like the stance I was using 195/50 r15 before though and had no rubbing issues

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:?::?::?: Most people with slammed cars do not use a 50 series tire because typically it is a big thick and harder to make it fit without rubbing issues.

the profile of the tire needed is based off of the width of the wheel and tire since the profile is a percentage of the overall treadwidth. With people using wheels ranging from a 5.5" wide to 9", giving a generic answer of 50 or 45 is pretty useless info.
i guarantee 80 percent of people with a honda or acura 01 and older run either 15" wheels on 50 series tires whether they are 195/50, 205/50 or 215/50, yes the wider the tire the more you will rub. im talking slammed not stanced garbage and im not talking about a super wide wheel rubbing. i can go full lock u-turn without rubbing with my 15x7 +40 195/50/15, there is no need for anything bigger than a 7" wide wheel on a civic unless you dont mind super high offset

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i guarantee 80 percent of people with a honda or acura 01 and older run either 15" wheels on 50 series tires whether they are 195/50, 205/50 or 215/50. there is no need for anything bigger than a 7" wide wheel on a civic unless you dont mind super high offset
I give not a single damn about the majority. If this site is going to give out information, it should be for everyone and then applied appropriately for their application.

And about no need for anything bigger than a 7"..... could you please explain more on fitting my brakes with your skinny wheels? Again, your info is generalized. Sure it may help some, but that's the problem these days. People take this info as an end all be all solution and the we have stupid s**t on the road. If I followed the advice given on this site, nothing on my damn car would work properly.

I don't think anybody could disagree that if the OP understands the numbers on their tires and can use a measuring device such as a ruler or tape measure, they can solve their tire problem and any other tire questions they may have in the future rather than just saying it's 50 series for 15s and 45 series for 16s because the Internet says so.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Exactly how does the width of the wheel not fit your brakes, the diameter of the wheel or the offset play more of a role on how they fit. I used a tire calculator to get the sizes of stock tire size vs tires for the 15" wheels, I knew my hx wheels fit fine with no rub so I found that 50 series matched the diameter of my old tires almost perfectly

OGstackadolla

TEAM LIGHTSPEED RACING
Registered VIP
15x8 is our preferred wheel for civic/integra, wrapped in a 225/50 or some run 55 series walls.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Exactly how does the width of the wheel not fit your brakes, the diameter of the wheel or the offset play more of a role on how they fit. I used a tire calculator to get the sizes of stock tire size vs tires for the 15" wheels, I knew my hx wheels fit fine with no rub so I found that 50 series matched the diameter of my old tires almost perfectly
Because not every wheel is the same. Spoke design doesn't always change with wheel offsets (for instance my cr01 work's) so going low offset or a wider and wider wheel won't make me clear the spokes with a big caliper. The center disk can allow for more or less room but every wheel isn't a custom 3 piece now is it?

xHanzJay

Lulzaflopter
I run 195/55r15 on my slammed hatch. never noticed any rubbing.

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener using TappaFresh.

tom_mcmullen06

Im slammed and ive got 195/50/15s on ls webs/mesh on mine no rubs other than header flange on the road once in awhile haha.